Crashed my DC5

benny

Advanced Member
my god, but it held up well considering.... what you doing it stripping and sellin or is it just gone?

qamvti

Advanced Member
I was on the M1 on Friday it was raining hard Teg was having a hard time staying on the road I think its s*t it the rain nearly lost contol twice doing 50mph only.
Sorry about your :(

J1mmy_S

Yeah luckily I have fully comp insurance, I have protected no claims. But not sure if I will be able to insure another one :(

I maybe have some bits. If the car is written off obviously it no longer belongs to me but I did rip everything out of it that I ould before the recovery truck got there so I go have a few things for it.

Red Honda Integra Type R Mats
Shunk2 Racing Gear Knob which is like new with box.
Are a few off the top of my head.

But I may get another so if I do i will keep the bits, but I will keep you posted.

Cheers

p3eps

mikegsi said:
not very good news mate, any pics by chance?

going a little too fast for teh conditions were we sir?

main thing is no one was hurt though, got any mods for sale :wink:
How very sympathetic...

Just glad you walked out ok. Can replace a car with some cash - cant replace a person.

fast_eddie

very sad when a pride and joy ends up like this.

Just out of interest did the diff pull you all over the place when it happened or was it all over and done with before you could do anything about it?

J1mmy_S

Yeah to be honest mate it was going up the bank within a flash, I did try and correct it a little dont i wasn't having any of it.

I spoke with the accessor yesterday and they estimate £12,000 to repair which isnt taking into account that the salvage yeard lt it get flooded inside IDIOTS!!! So yes it is written off. However I agreed a value for the car so my money should be on its way soon.

Decklogic1

Advanced Member
:shock: Noooooooo.........what a shame mate, gutting to see the car in that state. Glad ur ok, and can get something interesting on the go when you get your payout.

Wardy7

Advanced Member
Can I ask what value you agreed with the insurance for it?
03 reg, how many miles?
Just think it be interesting what they value it at!

Cheers
Wardy

J1mmy_S

'03 plate, 38,000 Miles grade 4.5 import was in imaculate condition. I agreed on £13.5k.

Wardy7

Advanced Member
Seems a fair price. Mine is an 03 with 29k and again is absolutely immaculate and think thats a fairly good price!

Cheers
Wardy

linzi94

Advanced Member
ooft! you are lucky you are ok.

driving in a bad mood is never a good idea, it affects your reaction and your vision.... also, i know sometimes aqua planing cannot be helped (especially if your teg's wearing toyos :evil: )

are you going to get another dc5?

Yambo

Advanced Member
I was looking at the pics then and saw 'She'll be back on the road soon - then more bits are coming!'

I thought WHAT?! Then realised Milano_chris was hosting them lol!! :oops: :D

Whereabouts are you from Jimmy? Was this near Chester?

Car looks pretty good for a roll, madness, how did you feel when it was rolling and did the seatbelt hold you in?

griffy

Advanced Member
nasty business mate rolling a car, I rolled not too long ago in my vti, not good :cry:

I hope you're OK matey, and get checked out by a doc as it takes time for some injuries to come out of the woodwork mate. :lol:

and remember every cloud has a sliver lining, if I hadnt have had my total in the civic I would'nt be the proud owner of a shiny DC5.

REMEMBER YOU LOT! CLICK CLUNK! BUCKLE UP!