Daily Drive - Bilstein B16 Coilovers or OEM Springs

martinj46

Advanced Member

This was mine last time I cleaned them, a few weeks ago. I used the anti rust stuff and greased the threads before installing them and for the 3 years since then I've just wiped them down and recoated them with white lithium grease once a year. The springs are just surface rust, nothing to worry about. I used these daily and through a Scottish winter, so I'd say they are in a perfectly acceptable condition.

As mentioned coilovers socks would help keep all the crap from the road off the springs and threads, if you wanted to keep them perfect too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I don't know much about anything, a bit like Forest Gump lol but I am kind of with Chris on this and that is Bilstein have built a great reputation in suspensions and have been around donkey's years so know their stuff.

Now I am not dissing Mesiter R as their stuff also looks good, and at the end of the day all businesses have to start somewhere so perhaps they need to be given a chance.

If it were me and I had the wedge it would be Bilstein every time even ahead of more expensive companies such as Nitron, Ohlin etc and that is going solely off reputation, build quality and Motorsport pedigree which not many can match.