DC 5 vs S2000

Hello guys just a pondering thought.

How does the DC 5 stack up against the S2000 with regards to

Acc

Handling

Top Speed

And Drivability ??

I have driven a 2006 model S2000 so i was just wondering if there were anything like the DC 5

Thanks

Brett

fenomeno26

Advanced Member
Well, my impression is the following:

Acceleration - s2000 been RWD will be easier to launch, and so its slightly faster.

Handling- s2000 has a trickier handling. I like the DC5 handling more.

Top Speed- About same.

Drivability - Both fun to drive, i find the DC5 a bit more planted on the road.. and on good tarmac....

I also believe the K20 engine responds better to mods that the Engine on the s2000. Also more performance parts for the DC5.

Other things to consider is practicality, exclusivity, in which the DC5 wins hands down.

matt b

Advanced Member
V - Tec Tastic said:
Hello guys just a pondering thought.

How does the DC 5 stack up against the S2000 with regards to

Acc

Handling

Top Speed

And Drivability ??

I have driven a 2006 model S2000 so i was just wondering if there were anything like the DC 5

Thanks

Brett
Iv had both :D

Acc
Nothing much in it down to driver but the S2k will get off the line better.

Handling
Down to driver again tbh but s2k might have a slight edge in the right hands.

Top Speed
Again not alot.

And Drivability ??
Averaeg Joe will get more from the DC5 but the s2k would again be more fun if you know what your doing.

Its chalk and cheese tbh mate, if you like F/R then S2k all the way if you like F/F then DC5 all the way!

Both do a very simalar job in a very different way!

PERFECT !! thank you both very very much.

Great explenation just what i needed to hear.

Well I defo am getting a DC 5 ( Just want it to hurry up LOL ) just need to sell my turbo.

Just trying to get as much info as i can on the DC 5 before i buy one :D

Again thanks

The Mofo

Advanced Member
My Dad has an S and has driven my DC5 the main points he makes are:

The steering on the DC5 feels weird (because of the LSD) and he reckons it means you have to be a bit more frantic a the wheel than the S, but likes the way it helps with the FWD understeer.

The ride on th DC5 is stiffer.

The DC5 seems to accelerate better before Vtec but then the Vtec is no where near as aggressive as the S.

Both are very good cars and although there are less DC5's the S is still quite a rare car.

Neil_H

Advanced Member
The Mofo said:
My Dad has an S and has driven my DC5 the main points he makes are:

The steering on the DC5 feels weird (because of the LSD) and he reckons it means you have to be a bit more frantic a the wheel than the S, but likes the way it helps with the FWD understeer.

The ride on th DC5 is stiffer.

The DC5 seems to accelerate better before Vtec but then the Vtec is no where near as aggressive as the S.

Both are very good cars and although there are less DC5's the S is still quite a rare car.
I had an S2000 for 2 years and I'd agree with all of that. The difference are hard to quantify really but in general I found the S2000 more fun; the sort of car you take out for a drive for no reason at all. I don't really get that from the DC5. But both cars have their plus points.

Stock for stock the S is quicker, but the engine is a bit less flexible low down.

liktup

Advanced Member
I believe Si who uses this forum owns both and a while ago did a comparison of the two cars, maybe he will be along and post up his review :wink:

Wardy7

Advanced Member
The S2000 has never really "done it" for me to be honest. I've never driven one or been in one but I just think the DC5 look so much nicer anyway and perfoms superb. I know I'm not comparing them in any way shape or form here but I just love the DC5 and what it gives, there was only ever 1 car that was going to replace my CTR and I'm driving it now :)

Cheers
Wardy

timp

Advanced Member
s2000

The s is quicker for sure, but if your a short arse you are screwed cause you won't be able to see anything. My girlfriend is 5' 4 and she cant drive it. Second if you go anywhere then mail your luggage first cause its not getting in the boot.

There a touch common as well something you don't realise until you have one, they are everywhere! you drive the 5 and you virtually never see another one unless you live in leeds!

liktup

Advanced Member
Re: s2000

timp said:
There a touch common as well something you don't realise until you have one, they are everywhere! you drive the 5 and you virtually never see another one unless you live in leeds!
Part of the reason I went for the Dc5 over the S2k, there are loads all round my way :(

Plus aswell being 6'3 its a touch cramped :lol:

Neil_H

Advanced Member

timp said:
The s is quicker for sure, but if your a short arse you are screwed cause you won't be able to see anything. My girlfriend is 5' 4 and she cant drive it. Second if you go anywhere then mail your luggage first cause its not getting in the boot.
Funny, never heard anyone complain about that before, usually everyone thinks it's too cramped for tall people, but surely this is a good thing :lol: :lol: . The boot isn't bad for a 2 seater either, although it's pointless comparing boot-size to a hatchback, most people who buy a 2 seater sports car couldn't care less about the size of the boot, or how practical it is.

timp said:
I wouldn't really say they are everywhere, they're much rarer than equivalent cars - Boxster, Z4 etc and rarer than most other Hondas, like the CTR.

jimmy_atr

Advanced Member

Neil_H said:
timp said:
Funny, never heard anyone complain about that before, usually everyone thinks it's too cramped for tall people, but surely this is a good thing :lol: :lol: . The boot isn't bad for a 2 seater either, although it's pointless comparing boot-size to a hatchback, most people who buy a 2 seater sports car couldn't care less about the size of the boot, or how practical it is.

timp said:
I wouldn't really say they are everywhere, they're much rarer than equivalent cars - Boxster, Z4 etc and rarer than most other Hondas, like the CTR.
This is a DC5 compared to S2k thread - so both points are relevant

fenomeno26

Advanced Member
So lets see.. The DC5 is about 100kg lighter makes 20hp less, has less power drain losses. Better modability. I dont see how the s2000 is faster? did anyone actually race the 2 cars?

liktup

Advanced Member
I would argue the S2k is only faster off the line due to the RWD :)

My JDM Dc2 with only a Mugen 4-1 manifold, Spoon drop in filter and Kakimoto CAT back had no problem matching the S2k's speed until into silly 3 figures :)

and the Dc5 is on par with my Dc2 for performance, just isnt as aggresive :)

jimmy_atr

Advanced Member
fenomeno26 said:
So lets see.. The DC5 is about 100kg lighter makes 20hp less, has less power drain losses. Better modability. I dont see how the s2000 is faster? did anyone actually race the 2 cars?
Standard the S2K will have about 191bhp per ton whilst the DC5 has about 189 bhp per ton.

Plus its RWD so in straights it will be quicker - also in right hands it should be better on the twisties.

Not much in it at all but they are 2 different cars built for different purposes.

Neil_H

Advanced Member

jimmy_atr said:
This is a DC5 compared to S2k thread - so both points are relevant
Of course, I'm just trying to put things in perspective - the S is not a 'common car' - the DC5 is a 'very rare car' :)

liktup said:

My JDM Dc2 with only a Mugen 4-1 manifold, Spoon drop in filter and Kakimoto CAT back had no problem matching the S2k's speed until into silly 3 figures :)
Stock for stock it's more powerful and only slightly heavier. It's a bit pointless comparing standard with modified.

The difference in speed is minimal though, and the DC5 responds better to being modified so it can be evened out fairly easily. :)

matt b

Advanced Member
fenomeno26 said:
its not faster 8)

iv not had problems with them :wink:

liktup

Advanced Member

Neil_H said:
liktup said:

Stock for stock it's more powerful and only slightly heavier. It's a bit pointless comparing standard with modified.

The difference in speed is minimal though, and the DC5 responds better to being modified so it can be evened out fairly easily. :)
I was talking about my Dc2 in comparison to an S2k and then comparing my Dc5 to my old Dc2...its not pointless.

HTH :)