DC5 Cargo/Boot net - Group Buy (People on list please confirm by the 5th March as we shall be buying

BataLeon

Advanced Member
Edit:

Ok so this topic has moved along nicely from my original query, we are now looking at a group buy option for a DC5 cargo/boot net from America, I will list out the people interested below and edit this post with further information as we find out costs etc.

This is it: https://www.acurapartswarehouse.com/oem/acura~net~cargo~08l96-s6m-200.html

BataLeon - Ready to pay
ollydc5 - Ready to pay
Carl Hammond - Ready to pay
Spooke - Ready to pay
FireDance - We are waiting on your response
jpstyper - Ready to pay
Blake - We are waiting on your response
GIBLETS - Ready to pay
Johngreen537 - Ready to pay
George92 - Ready to pay
JamesL - We are waiting on your response

Everyone that we are awaiting a response from, time is running out so please confirm by the 5th March to ensure you remain on the list. After this date will shall be proceeding with all that have confirmed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------
For anyone interested this was the original query;

This was an acura one that was sold on here so I know what I'm looking for;
http://www.itr-dc5.club/forum/index.php?/topic/40486-dc5-acura-cargo-net/?hl=%2Bcargo+%2Bnet

Thing is I just want to get a generic one so what's peoples thoughts on this?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Storage-JTDEAL-Flexible-Elastic-Organizer/dp/B01LQ1MEOQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1511126117&sr=8-4&keywords=car+boot+net

If you know of others that people have used instead then I'm all ears as the stuff in the boot moving about is annoying me.

Thanks

SamDC5

Advanced Member
BataLeon said:
So I've done the search on the forum for these boot nets and come on with one that might work.

This was an acura one that was sold on here so I know what I'm looking for;
http://www.itr-dc5.club/forum/index.php?/topic/40486-dc5-acura-cargo-net/?hl=%2Bcargo+%2Bnet

Thing is I just want to get a generic one so what's peoples thoughts on this?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Storage-JTDEAL-Flexible-Elastic-Organizer/dp/B01LQ1MEOQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1511126117&sr=8-4&keywords=car+boot+net

If you know of others that people have used instead then I'm all ears as the stuff in the boot moving about is annoying me.

Thanks
There was a chap on Facebook selling a Honda Access cargo net for the DC5?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

BataLeon

Advanced Member
I dropped facebook a while back, very tempting to get back on but not gonna do it...could you imagine;

"why did you join back up?"

"because of a boot net...."

:lol:

SamDC5

Advanced Member
BataLeon said:
I dropped facebook a while back, very tempting to get back on but not gonna do it...could you imagine;

"why did you join back up?"

"because of a boot net...."

I could get his email address for you and you could sort it through there?

BataLeon

Advanced Member
SamDC5 said:
I could get his email address for you and you could sort it through there?

Yeah that would work! Thanks for doing that for me... facebook is calling me :p

SamDC5

Advanced Member
BataLeon said:
Yeah that would work! Thanks for doing that for me... facebook is calling me :p
I've sent him a message I'll pm you his email and you can contact him then

carl hammond

Advanced Member
SamDC5 said:
There was a chap on Facebook selling a Honda Access cargo net for the DC5?

He wanted £100 for it lol I asked, I‘m in the process of getting one if anyone wants one let me know and I‘ll try getting a price

BataLeon

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
He wanted £100 for it lol I asked, I‘m in the process of getting one if anyone wants one let me know and I‘ll try getting a price
Yikes that's a lot. I'd be interested if you find some.

joiner

Advanced Member
Best bet folks is Acurapartswarehouse on the net, they do international shipping and a new one can be had at present for £77 posted. I bought one earlier this year but was hell of a cheaper then, sure I was only £59. It's genuine with all the bolts & clips required to fit, just fitted mine on Sunday :).

BataLeon

Advanced Member
joiner said:
Best bet folks is Acurapartswarehouse on the net, they do international shipping and a new one can be had at present for £77 posted. I bought one earlier this year but was hell of a cheaper then, sure I was only £59. It's genuine with all the bolts & clips required to fit, just fitted mine on Sunday :).
Found it, £27.82 for the Net and £23.20 for delivery. I imagine you could buy multiples and ship under one delivery cost?

https://www.acurapartswarehouse.com/oem/acura~net~cargo~08l96-s6m-200.html

joiner

Advanced Member
Good idea actually doing a group buy, would make sense, I too like everyone else was getting told that there no longer available blah blah blah hence ridiculously high prices from some sellers, a little homework goes along way 😀👍.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Found it, £27.82 for the Net and £23.20 for delivery. I imagine you could buy multiples and ship under one delivery cost?

https://www.acurapartswarehouse.com/oem/acura~net~cargo~08l96-s6m-200.html
This company don't ship to the UK mate I have tried them in the past, I have however found a supplier for them via a friend and he said it should be £60 delivered MAX and it's oem and brand new, I will confirm this today if anyone wants one?

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Good idea actually doing a group buy, would make sense, I too like everyone else was getting told that there no longer available blah blah blah hence ridiculously high prices from some sellers, a little homework goes along way .
Yeah the guy on fbook tried mugging me off at £100, but I know people and got checking and within 5 mins found the ones in the US and also my friend found them for me and can get them to me. He tried the it's discontinued etc etc etc, unfortunately even if it was I wont be paying £100 for a net ffs, what are people like... dream on, just because its oem and rare it is still only worth what someone will pay...

I only want it for mr crash helmet as a storage place on track days lol

Jvzr

Advanced Member
If they won't ship to UK why not use an address pal? Surely royal mail has one?

They get sent to an American address, and then from there onto UK then onto ye?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
If they won't ship to UK why not use an address pal? Surely royal mail has one?

They get sent to an American address, and then from there onto UK then onto ye?

Didn't know that was possible, sounds a bit messy to me so I sourced via a friend some in Japan brand new and not much more

Jvzr

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Didn't know that was possible, sounds a bit messy to me so I sourced via a friend some in Japan brand new and not much more
Well that's fair enough, makes sense.
I do it for 95% my stuff from the UK.
Get free shipping as I use a UK address, it's sent to the north, and then for 3.95€ it's sent to a local "locker" and I pick it up when I'm ready.

Have done it with American stuff like books before, same thing bar our post service delivers it to the house

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Well that's fair enough, makes sense.
I do it for 95% my stuff from the UK.
Get free shipping as I use a UK address, it's sent to the north, and then for 3.95€ it's sent to a local "locker" and I pick it up when I'm ready.

Have done it with American stuff like books before, same thing bar our post service delivers it to the house

So your not in the UK? Do you know someone in the UK then to forward it on ? I am lost already lol... I thought it had to be delivered and signed for normally by someone and then they'd send on which seems a pain. lol

I like my idea of place an order and it arrives :)