DC5 V's S2000

The Mofo

Advanced Member
The 2.2 was only ever released in the states. It was changed for the US market to give it more low down torque (yanks were too lazy to change gear) but because of that it only revs to 8000. :cry:

dan the man

Advanced Member
matt b said:
dan the man said:
so u mean the s2200.. like ive ever heard of that

And as for s2k vs DC5..ones RWD and one isnt. in a tru car what should the front wheels be doing :?: :!:
Steering and putting the power down :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: just look at f1 cars :lol:
exactly. steering. and how can they call it an s2000 then if a 2.2 :lol:

And Ron unsure yet, want to go the purists way and learn the fruits of RWD fun. Ive been good at FWD now for ages but after first time on track last sat in RWD ( ok primative but good enough) i want to start with it.

Thoughts are s2000, e30 M3, elisen with K20 or something else?

matt b

Advanced Member
dan the man said:
matt b said:
dan the man said:
so u mean the s2200.. like ive ever heard of that

And as for s2k vs DC5..ones RWD and one isnt. in a tru car what should the front wheels be doing :?: :!:
Steering and putting the power down :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: just look at f1 cars :lol:
exactly. steering. and how can they call it an s2000 then if a 2.2 :lol:

And Ron unsure yet, want to go the purists way and learn the fruits of RWD fun. Ive been good at FWD now for ages but after first time on track last sat in RWD ( ok primative but good enough) i want to start with it.

E30 M3 8) but like hens teeth and left hookers which arnt my cuppa for the UK :cry: liked my s2000 but dont think id go back. Elise would be my choice mate 8)

Neil_H

Advanced Member
dan the man said:

Try an S2000 Dan they are awesome cars - basically sharper and more focused than a DC5 (and RWD)!

glenn3 said:
From a rolling start the DC5 pulled up to 5 car lengths.
From a standing start the DC5 pulled 2 car lengths.
I'd take those results with a big pinch of salt.

If you launch an S2000 properly (and unsympathetically :D ) by dumping the clutch at about 5k it will rinse a DC5 from a standing start thanks to having much better traction - look at the standing 1/4 mile times for them both. From a rolling start I could see the DC5 being equal or better as the power-weight ratios are very similar.

Cool nurburgring vid:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 4894830688

BTW hairdresser comments = you know nothing about the car. xrofl

matt b

Advanced Member
Neil_H said:
dan the man said:

Try an S2000 Dan they are awesome cars - basically sharper and more focused than a DC5 (and RWD)!

glenn3 said:
From a rolling start the DC5 pulled up to 5 car lengths.
From a standing start the DC5 pulled 2 car lengths.
I'd take those results with a big pinch of salt.

If you launch an S2000 properly (and unsympathetically aD ) by dumping the clutch at about 5k it will rinse a DC5 from a standing start thanks to having much better traction - look at the standing 1/4 mile times for them both. From a rolling start I could see the DC5 being equal or better as the power-weight ratios are very similar.

Cool nurburgring vid:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 4894830688

Dont you think the steering "feel" on the Dc5 is better than the S2k?

mad

Neil_H said:

More focused in what???

How can you judge people knowledge and experience without knowing them? :evil: :evil: :evil:

Neil_H

Advanced Member
mad said:
More focused in what???

More focused in that it's a purpose built sports car with 2 seats and RWD.

mad said:
How can you judge people knowledge and experience without knowing them? :evil: :evil: :evil:
Because anyone who is daft enough to dismiss the car because it's "for hairdressers" has probably never driven one, if they had they would know the car is far too hairy arsed for your average coiffeur. It's like someone dismissing the DC5 as a chav chariot because it has a huge spoiler on the back.

mad

Ok I agree with you about the hairdressing comment!!! I believe that S is a car that demands commitment in order to extract the best out of it and indeed a fabulous car generally. But not comparable with the DC5.

P.S Everyone can express their view freely but it's the road or track that shows the truth.

conoroneill

Advanced Member
The hairdresser comment was a jibe at the styling of the car in the respect that it's, to be fair, a bit gay to look at (see also Mazda MX5, MG TF, MR2 etc...) not the spec, which is quite awesome :roll:

Ooh! Off to the hairdressers sir?:

Sorry if I have offended any of out gay forum members :lol:

conoroneill

Advanced Member
About as mean as Dale Winton with a feather duster! :lol:

But hey, that's just my opinion. I don't like the scissor sisters or Will & Grace either :lol:

Each to their own as the man says.

Neil_H

Advanced Member
conoroneill said:
The hairdresser comment was a jibe at the styling of the car in the respect that it's, to be fair, a bit gay to look at (see also Mazda MX5, MG TF, MR2 etc...) not the spec, which is quite awesome :roll:

Ooh! Off to the hairdressers sir?:

Sorry if I have offended any of out gay forum members :lol:

If that dude was in a light blue DC5 he would look just as gay! :wink:

Your entitled to your opinion, personally I think there's a lot of 'compensation' going on :lol:

PS:

8)

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
I love my DC5..most certainly the best performance car I`ve owned but I wouldn`t dismiss an S2000 at all..I think they are still the best 2 seater sports car out there,including Pork Boxster, BM Z4 etc :wink:

bazza

Advanced Member
I've had 2 S2000's and 2 DC5's..

I still say that our first S2000 was the best car we have ever owned - RIP
Even above the NSX

So many people tried the "gay jokes" route to insult it. "Its a gays car". "Its for hairdressers". "Why didn't you get a Z3" :roll:

One spirited drive later and they are converted. Most of them can't get over the brakes and the car revving that high and the power coming in so aggressively.

Oh.. and of course the noise.

As people have stated in previous posts, the S2000 takes time to master and the DC5 considerably less. This doesn't make either car better or worse. If I could afford it I would have both in the stable 8)