Dyno Charts!!

Dc5Dub07

Advanced Member
paul hughes said:
The graphs speak volumes, and you have just received level 1 in rocket science, :wink:
But joking apart ,,You are part correct , you may see gains but maybe not to the full potential.
Well ok my BHP graph looks a bit like the big dipper at a funfair but the torque graph is fairly flat and i dont notice the vtec come in so much..

I may be ordering cams in the new year once i get the ones i have checked to see if there standard.. if not then i would expect around 20bhp from the BC Cams? Which would bring me up to the 290 engine bhp mark.. (i hope)

Dc5Dub07 said:
raz786 said:
Hi, DUB07 Who did your K-pro tuning ??
A place called Ai Autosport just up past Belfast..

No cams as far as I know.. car was completely standard apart from the exhaust when i got it.. idle sat at around 750rpm too.

Only mods i have are:
5Zigen Fireball
DC Sports Mani
RBC
Gruppe M
Kpro

(sorry thats a mish-mash of parts there Paul!) :lol:
Well DUB07 It looks a little like a Slalem SKI Instructer did yer tuning to me. They should be able to make your change over point a bit better than that unless they havnt too much experience with K-Pro. If They arnt an official agent maybe they didnt have the Base maps etc.?
Well anyway something is wrong and i know BC or TDi Wouldnt send a car out with a graph like that..
Give Tdi a call and head over to Anglsey for a raz, they are only 2 hours from Holyhead.But make sure you got the correct parts on, Better still do the whole job at once, cams, pulleys, Pistons,.

Dc5Dub07 said:
paul hughes said:
The graphs speak volumes, and you have just received level 1 in rocket science, :wink:
But joking apart ,,You are part correct , you may see gains but maybe not to the full potential.
Well ok my BHP graph looks a bit like the big dipper at a funfair but the torque graph is fairly flat and i dont notice the vtec come in so much..

I may be ordering cams in the new year once i get the ones i have checked to see if there standard.. if not then i would expect around 20bhp from the BC Cams? Which would bring me up to the 290 engine bhp mark.. (i hope)
Dub 07, I think(or at least hope) you will find that the graph that is dipping is your torque, and the Vtec point on your power graph is going the wrong way because it hasnt been optimised properly.this will make your Vtec point feal like a flat spot.
JUST GET TO TDI, Im going to bed now,
This is harder than WORK... :)
P.S.Dont dream so much of 290 Bedroom BHP , be realistic and you will never be dissapointed. :D :D

raz786 said:
Dc5Dub07 said:
Here's mine:

268.3 @ engine
236.1 @ Wheels
177.2lbft Torque.

K-pro, Gruppe M, DC sports mani, RBC.
Hi mate, are you sure those are the only mods you have? Those figures are very very high :shock: exhaust? Cams?
Sorry Razz, forgot to answer your question amidst the muck and bullits.

All Mods are ONLY BCUK matched products.
With 2.4 bored and stroked engine and BC ROAD cams. I am working on another further development 2.4 with some specific BC cams for high power circuit use, This will be finished in a month.
The 2.1 road engine with road cams has been finished today, so will be fitted to the "TRY BEFORE YOU BUY" Chassis and Dynoed within 2 weeks.I will post the graphs as and when, (p.s. no one else knows about this exept this forum).
Dont think Im trying to coerse you or sell you something as I am not,.I am stating what is true and physically possible using the correct matched parts ...
It is up to you guys to decide if you have made the correct decisions in the past.
Sharing information it what forums are all about,and sharing truth is the ultimate goal.... :D :D

raz786

Advanced Member
Hey Paul, my question was directed to Dc5DUB07, his figures are higher than I would expect.

Your graph looks amazing, how much would these CAMS cost to fit and map?

I am not allowed to trade on this forum at the moment due to current rules, but our company are taking steps to become trade sellers and advisors on this forum.
So watch this space,

ollie-dc5

Advanced Member
Got my car back from TGM Friday. Thought I'd post up the dyno's post charge cooler.

Was making 300HP before, with intake temps reaching 90oC in the summer. I'm only seeing 40oC now. Really happy with the work Tom has done on the car, and Romain for the mapping. :D

raz786

Advanced Member
:xrockout: WOW!!

That at the fly figures? great figures mate you must be chuffed! How does it grip the road ??

ollie-dc5

Advanced Member
Yep, at the flywheel. 280 at the wheels. All at 8psi. Datalogged it earlier, was reaching 50oC on WOT, but then drops back down straight after. Sitting at 30oC while cruising. Not brilliant temps but much better than I was getting before. Apart from in the wet, I very occasionally get problems with traction, if not any more than I used to when it was n/a. The Kaaz 1.5 way diff helps, but still not bad at all. To be honest, it's not a big torquey monster. There's only 220 ft/lb of torque, and the power is very progressive, with no sudden boost hits. It just feels like I've got a bigger n/a engine rather than a boosted one. Drives and sounds awesome with the charger :shock:

garytc78

Advanced Member
It's got an aem v2 and possibly a some sort of sports cat but not sure also i think the wheel figures are a bit optimistic but the fly figure is about right.

brucey87

Advanced Member
got a big dyno day today. :D gonna be interesting to see what bhp and torque its actualy producing.

all i have done is a spoon N1 but with a straight through middle section, blitz sonic power induction kit and earthing kit. if its over 220bhp il be happy. have no idea what it will be.
il post up the map later :wink:

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
brucey87 said:
got a big dyno day today. :D gonna be interesting to see what bhp and torque its actualy producing.

all i have done is a spoon N1 but with a straight through middle section, blitz sonic power induction kit and earthing kit. if its over 220bhp il be happy. have no idea what it will be.
il post up the map later :wink:
Good luck matey, but remember the DC5R only produces 217bhp with 100RON fuel and there will be no doubt a few horses would of escaped from new. So don't be too disheartened if you don't hit the figures you want... :wink:

Having said that I think you'll get mighty close. :D

brucey87

Advanced Member
:( a bit dissapointed its the same as standard. 217bhp. but he only took it to 8000 rpm

but at least i know now. iv got a spoon 4-2-1 at home and power pullys
aswel sham i didnt have them fitted. the guy said to me the v-tec comes in too late. by the time it comes in its lost loads of torque. il change that tho when it gets k-proed. prob change v-tec to 4500 rpm.

was a good day out tho i was 3rd fastest, beat the rival DC2!! :D. 200 sx at 298bhp was second, r33 skyline at 512bhp :shock: was first.

took a vid, i apolagize for the amatuar filming i was freezing and shivering. il upload the vid in a min.

Attachments

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
brucey87 said:
:( a bit dissapointed its the same as standard. 217bhp. but he only took it to 8000 rpm.
What fuel do you run your car on? Where's the vid... :wink:

brucey87

Advanced Member
TypeGRRR said:
brucey87 said:
:( a bit dissapointed its the same as standard. 217bhp. but he only took it to 8000 rpm.
What fuel do you run your car on? Where's the vid... :wink:

i used esso supreme dont know what ron it is? think its 98 ron? im trying to upload the vid but cant do it!!!!. :evil: it will prob be on youtube soon, somebody else filmed all the cars. il put a link up when its been put on.

what do you think of the map? is there anything strange or is it normal?

Dc5Dub07

Advanced Member
Looks fine to me, a nice smooth line.. no probs there.. and a Standard Dc5 would'nt make the quoted 217bhp anyways...
4500rpm is too low for the vtec changeover point if you do a bit of motorway driving, 5k is just right....

raz786

Advanced Member
I love it at 4.5k, you can comfortably do 70 on a motorway out of VTEC, and VTEC won't engage till the usual 6k mark your only on part throttle :wink:

jay82

Advanced Member
i wouldn't lower the v-tec point to for 4500rpm if u use the car every day. these cars are good for about 30mpg and in vtec it will use more oil and i think i remember reading that these cars go into single figures mpg once in vtec