Dyno Charts!!

brucey87

Advanced Member
well il change it to 4500 or 5000 il have to try it.

the guy who tested it said the v-tec could do with coming in 2000 rpm earlier to keep the torque line up with the bhp line. dont fancy it that low

on a track it would be ideal but not for the road. early days yet anyway wont be getting a remap until late march, early april when the engine is ready. il post pics of the map when its done
see the difference :wink:

Dc5Dub07

Advanced Member
I've mine set to 5k and its just right.. theres enough torque before 5k anyways so i rarely go above in day 2 day driving..

phil r

Advanced Member
dyno charts

brucey87 said:
well il change it to 4500 or 5000 il have to try it.

the guy who tested it said the v-tec could do with coming in 2000 rpm earlier to keep the torque line up with the bhp line. dont fancy it that low

on a track it would be ideal but not for the road. early days yet anyway wont be getting a remap until late march, early april when the engine is ready. il post pics of the map when its done
see the difference :wink:
Have you got kpro already mate , your on about remapping , when car is mapped properly bud. if you lower vtec point only comes in at the lower vtec point when you put your foot right down on partial throttle vtec ingauges at normal point 6000 so there for keeping fuel economy for long distances or when you want to make a saving :wink:

brucey87

Advanced Member
no not got k-pro yet will get it all sorted when engine is finished.
never knew v-tec wouldnt kick in on part throttle, changing it to 4500 might not be so bad.

dont ever put my foot down unless i want v-tec anyway

raz786

Advanced Member
jay82 said:
i wouldn't lower the v-tec point to for 4500rpm if u use the car every day. these cars are good for about 30mpg and in vtec it will use more oil and i think i remember reading that these cars go into single figures mpg once in vtec
I agrre with you that the car in VTEC will drink more fuel/oil, but as i said even as a daily driver you an easily drive the car out of VTEC. On a motorway you'll be doing 70 out of VTEC, and also if your only on part throttle the VTEC will not engage until the usual 6k mark, at least thats what Paul at TDi North told me. HTH

ollie-dc5

Advanced Member
I've read somewhere that the tuner puts the vtec point where the HP and Torque curve cross and this gets maximum gains, and this is obviously dependant on what intake/exhaust you have got. When I was N/A with CAI and full spoon exhaust mine was set at 4700rpm. But as said before, on part throttle (

jay82

Advanced Member
raz786 said:
jay82 said:
i wouldn't lower the v-tec point to for 4500rpm if u use the car every day. these cars are good for about 30mpg and in vtec it will use more oil and i think i remember reading that these cars go into single figures mpg once in vtec
I agrre with you that the car in VTEC will drink more fuel/oil, but as i said even as a daily driver you an easily drive the car out of VTEC. On a motorway you'll be doing 70 out of VTEC, and also if your only on part throttle the VTEC will not engage until the usual 6k mark, at least thats what Paul at TDi North told me. HTH
i never knew that at part trottle it wounldn't kick in. so unless your foot is to the floor your v-tec kicks in normal? but say u go past the 4500rpm at half throttle but gave it full throttle at 5000rpm would it engage?

raz786

Advanced Member
If i'm on half throttle then the VTEC won't engage, I will have to check about the foot down at 5k after half throttle, can't remember paying attention to it, i will let you know mate. And as Ollie says the mapper will put the VTEC point to ensure the smoothest power delivery, TDI North are highyrated in my book. I admit I had my doubts about if I would ever be able to tell if the map was good, but when I went to RR day the guys there said it was perfect throughout the rev range so I take my hat off to Paul! :D

buddy club try before you buy car

Guys,

The lads at Buddyclub Race Dept. Dynoed the Road "try before you buy" Demo car today,
With very Modest road mods. i.e.,Rebore,HC Pistons,BC cams,BC springs,BC valves,BC header,BC spec 4 system, and BC Prototype induction kit(which alone gave a TESTED 25bhp improvement on our engine over another tested induction kit)
The engine combined package gave 270BHP and 209 Ft/lb torque!.
It also drives at 2000rpm in 4th and accelerates better than standard from then on, without bogging down, due to the high low down torque optimisation. So buy your mum (or wife) one as a shopping car ?? WOW.

The dyno graph will be ON THIS SITE first exclusive soon ,
Vid of the event will be on line you tube soon and a thread will be started if someone will give me a bit of help on that .

Book your test drive NOW. 01772 299820.

Regards,
Paul Hughes.
SPD Automotive Ltd.

LOVE HONDA,,,,,,,,,

heres the Dyno graph for the Buddyclub Road Demo car, that everyone can book a test drive in FREE.(on the road).

It Pulls your arms off. look at the 30 ft/lb torque jump in 800 revs when the V-Tec comes in and the 70bhp jump in only 1000 rpm at the same point. this is like forced induction power rise from a NA car.

Its like a kick up the backside by a Whale. But it drives under 5k like a shopping car....

regards,
Paul H.
Buddyclub.

let the reality check begin.

Newty

Advanced Member
Damn....fancy having to follow on from the BuddyClub test car...ah well, here goes...

Visit today to TDi North resulted in 240hp/168torque.

Car has: GruppeM, KPro, TODA Mani, BuddyClub Exhaust...thats it.

Hey Newty, thats very good for a road car without cams etc. :)

P.S. We dyno'd our new BC 2009 race engine today(roughly based on our BC 2.3 2008 engine), still on an RBC plenum with different BC cams and cam timing to last year and the BC Long Ram induction box (from the Demo car). and it broke the 300bhp barrier.... still with 210 ft/lb of torque, but it reached the Rev limiter of 8500rpm while it was still making power..It isnt run in as yet so we cant wind the revs up to full.

We are fine tuning it tomorrow and i will post the power graph as soon as we have finished ...
regards,
Paul and a very hard working team,who dont understand the true meaning of time,,,full weekends to themselves,,,or late nights in with the missus...(they dont wear watches !!) im sure ill come in one morning and find one of them asleap under the car with a spanner in his hand. :D :D

Guys,
Heres the power graph for the Buddyclub 2009 Race engine, Still on a single Plenum but using the BC 70mm TB and BC modified RBC manifold, (this is like ITB power!!), also the tuned length BC Long Ram Induction kit.[attachment=0]2009 2.3 engine D 256k.jpg[/attachment]

What do you think ????

Paul,
:D :D :D

Newty said:
curse....fancy having to follow on from the BuddyClub test car...ah well, here goes...

Visit today to TDi North resulted in 240hp/168torque.

Car has: GruppeM, KPro, TODA Mani, BuddyClub Exhaust...thats it.

Newty,
Put some BC cams in it and you will see 255-260 BHP without changing the compression, If you put HC pistons in it you will see 265-270bhp.(we are having Omega and Cosworth make us some very special pistons) 8) 8)
If your in our area why not drop in and have your neck adjusted in our road demo car ??

Paul,

Dc5Dub07

Advanced Member
paul hughes said:
Put some BC cams in it and you will see 255-260 BHP without changing the compression, If you put HC pistons in it you will see 265-270bhp.(we are having Omega and Cosworth make us some very special pistons) 8) 8)
Sounds good Paul, only for this fe ckn' recession id be over on the ferry next week for cams/pistons and re-map..I'm up to 255BHP so would be interesting to see how close to 280BHP i could get...

Would the piston price be in the same ballpark as Toda?