Dyno Charts!!

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Think its fair to say it must have some influence especially when used with port matched head and mani.

However i had everything done at the same time more or less so impossible to gauge the BC TB's performance

paul hughes

Think its fair to say it must have some influence especially when used with port matched head and mani.

However i had everything done at the same time more or less so impossible to gauge the BC TB's performance
:lol: fair comment, but i guess the 250+ NA without cams is not the norm for a std TB. Be interesting to do a Dyno run without it and see what the back to back drop is on a STD car without cams,
I know it makes around 8bhp on our TA 300bhp car.
PH.

firthy22

Advanced Member
Gruppe M
RBC
Buddyclub Race Header
Buddyclub Spec 3
Hondata mapped by Eurospec

Nice figures but makes an interesting comparison to mine.

Same tuner and same rolling road.

248 bhp and 169 lb/ft torque compared to 246 bhp and 172 lb/ft torque.

Same RBC so it's BC header, Spec 3 exhaust and GruppeM against Tegiwa V1 header, Mugen Twinloop and airbox.

Am I just lucky in having a strong engine or is the Mugen stuff and Tegiwa header not as bad as people seem to think ??

paul hughes

Nice figures but makes an interesting comparison to mine.

Same tuner and same rolling road.

248 bhp and 169 lb/ft torque compared to 246 bhp and 172 lb/ft torque.

Same RBC so it's BC header, Spec 3 exhaust and GruppeM against Tegiwa V1 header, Mugen Twinloop and airbox.

Am I just lucky in having a strong engine or is the Mugen stuff and Tegiwa header not as bad as people seem to think ??

Unfortunately you cant even compare anything is you change more than one product, because some things lose power and others bring it back and vice versa. A company on here did a Video of a BC Spec 3 on the dyno, then took it off and put a Mugen Twin loop on and tested it on the dyno 15 minutes later and it lost bhp, not sure of the exact figure but either 3 or 8bhp rings a bell, The vid will be on you tube somewhere. I think Dave from REEL MOTION filmed it.

pulpmelon_r

Advanced Member
k20a2
Filtered BPI stack on an Injen CAI
70mm throttle
Skunk2 IM
Piper header and exhaust

- Air temperature in dyno cell was between 11-14 °C.
- Air pressure was between 1010-1018 millibars
- Tyre pressure maintained at 32 PSI on 215/40/17 tyres
- All runs taken while engine coolant temperature was between 81-84 °C

Peter D

Advanced Member
Here's mine with an Apexi exhaust, HKS induction kit and Dastek piggyback ECU, made a huge difference to low down torque

And a video of it on the dyno -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8wN58PF7Hc

-Woody-

Advanced Member

Only slight performance mod is Buddy Club Pro Spec exhaust. With V-Power, Service and some decent air flow i think it would be at stock but im still happy :)

ItWasntMe

Advanced Member
Well now I've done something to improve performance I shall post my graphs...

Standard:

After Mugen Intake and De-Cat:

Comparison:

pulpmelon_r

Advanced Member
Supertech valvetrain
Spoon h/g
Prayoonto Stage 2 cams
Injen intake
skunk2 throttle and IM
Piper header & exhaust

28 degress

Silvermike

92oct fuel
Buddy club spec 3 cams
Custom 3" exhaust with BC headers
Custom CAI with K&N 3" cone filter
supertech valvetrain
K-pro self-tuned

Ambient temps 32-33*C as I am in the Caribbean
This would be 244hp/172tq @ flywheel

Attachments

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Supertech valvetrain
Spoon h/g
Prayoonto Stage 2 cams
Injen intake
skunk2 throttle and IM
Piper header & exhaust

28 degress
Nice figures there. I'd like to do cams next. Nice to see it making power all the way to 9k too :twisted:

brucey87

Advanced Member
Finally got my K100 done today at TDI North and well happy with the results! It feels a completely different engine with the power comming in alot sooner. A guy who works there is doing an epic K20 turbo build in a EG cant wait to see some vids when that is done. its gonna be insane!!

pretty pleased with the figure although at one point it made 260.2bhp not sure what happened there but i liked it! :lol:

Grov

Banned
Some very impressive cars, pump 270 N/A is awesome.

How do you upload the pdf file from TDI north?

teggy_dc5

Advanced Member
Kpro
GruppeM CAI
Skunk2 Intake Manifold
Skunk2 70mm Throttle Body
Tegiwa(Toda) Manifold
Spoon b pipe
Spoon N1 silencer

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Its hard to tell really as didnt feel much difference from them both and dyno days were on different days etc but evidently something different. Spec IV does have a valve system inside to keep car quiet under low revs which must restrict but then its fully open around 4k rpm and theres still evident loss up from there so who knows. Could just be environmentals :xhuh: