Dyno Charts!!

BLaCkDC5R

Advanced Member
My latest

Dotted line = BC Spec IV
Smooth line - Spoon N1

Hey bro! i see some really nice results over there;) gotta admit that you are getting closer to me now and made even more torque :p hahaha. We need to compare them side by side now to see which is stronger on the road :p

DC5_Bonson

Advanced Member
- Mugen Airbox (Custom air feed)
- Tegwia intake hose
- Hondata intake gasket
- DC sport race header
- Custom B-pipe
- Spoon N1 backbox
- AEM Tru power pulleys

Very happy with the results! :xgrin: K-pro, RBC, Skunk2 70mm TB is next!

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
A more detailed map.
Thought I'd overlay my TDi graph yours to see differences. Interesting to see gains and losses in different areas.

Yours seems to pull very hard between 4.5 and 5.5 when VTEC comes on and then settles down again. Likewise mine comes in at 3.5 and generates a lot of torque up to 4.5.

dotty

Advanced Member
Thought I'd overlay my TDi graph yours to see differences. Interesting to see gains and losses in different areas.

Yours seems to pull very hard between 4.5 and 5.5 when VTEC comes on and then settles down again. Likewise mine comes in at 3.5 and generates a lot of torque up to 4.5.

Interesting stuff, :)

I love how it drives now, also with the mods I have it is not too loud, just how I like it.. maybe I'll look in to an RRC in the future, but for the time being I am just going to enjoy it :D

donkeykong

Advanced Member
Yes i see that guys, but look at the bump...the power is not held, torque line decreases.
I also had a map look similar with a low vtec point of 3200.
At this moment i'm doing another map with a e-tune.

TDi-North

Vtec changeover is obvious. You do the low cam composite and high cam then overlay them. It's where the high cam starts to make more power than the low cam.
There is no way anybody sitting in a bedroom thousands of miles away can tell you optimum vtec points or what best cam angles or ignition values are.
All they can realistically do is stick a base map in and setup the AFR to what looks right.

Bottom line is you can't tune effectively without a repeatable Dyno. The whole art of tuning is the measurement of tractive force and the changes made by the effect if ignition and can angle changes. Setting AFR is just the start. ;)

Please don't just change your vtec point to say 3500 because YOU think it needs to be there as chances are its going to be totally wrong and labour the motor.

I have "road tuned" many cars in the past but they have been far more simple with no vtec or vvt. All your interested in is fuel and ignition. You know the motors and design and whether they are knock limited or not so you can be pretty close to optimum fairly easily but these modern motors you really need to measure the difference say 5' of intake cam advance makes at a time as it can make so much difference in real world terms.

donkeykong

Advanced Member
Yes i know what u mean and i know the story, truth is i took a dyno after a streettune and if you look back maybe you can give some feedback on how it runs. You also told me via pm a lot of things, thanks for that.
i posted it here in this section!

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Yes i see that guys, but look at the bump...the power is not held, torque line decreases..
Yes I know, the very reason I want rid and want to look at CAMS to keep that torque up. I can really feel that dip between 4,500 and 6,000.

donkeykong

Advanced Member
yeah that dip should be tuned out if possible!

TDI maybe we can make a deal, someday when i'm in UK we can dyno this e-tune and you guys can make a dyno tune and compare the difference.
So we can clarify how e-tune is vs dyno tune :)

TDi-North

The dip after peak is due to reversion pulses back up the manifold. If you look at some well designed systems there is a section made that reduces the diameter then opens back up. You will find that the more research that has gone into the design the less the dip.... But then your going to have to pay te money as they take a lot more to make.

Remote vs Dyno I can 100% guarantee I can make significant gains pretty much everywhere. Been seeing quite a lot in recently where the owners are told they only need a few tweaks on the Dyno to finish the WOT side of things.
Reality all they have done is sort fuelling and to be honest that's only the start.
You will still need cam angle work and MBT tuning at each cam angle.
Honestly I am just as quick to start from scratch! :lol:

More than happy to work with anyone sitting beside me so they can see and understand exactly what's involved. It's not just about getting straight AFR lines in a datalog. ;)

donkeykong

Advanced Member
yeah guys i know that you tune on dynos, but in the states there are good tuners who can get very close, also with cam angles :)
would be curious of an example of the cam angles from you guys.