Engine Bay Detailing

jay82

Advanced Member
Balls!!! bought the spray not the foam GUNK :xrealangry:
oh well she's having it tomorrow.......... with the spray <_<

Good work on your engine bays lads, few ponies gained :wink:
let me know how you get on with the spray cause i can't find the foam here in ireland :rolleyes:

buckley 88

Advanced Member
let me know how you get on with the spray cause i can't find the foam here in ireland :rolleyes:

Hiya mate, never had a chance to do It today, constantly pi$$ed down all day today, I think you will need a bit more elbow grease with the spray thats all, I will let you know how It goes anyway :D

jay82

Advanced Member
Hiya mate, never had a chance to do It today, constantly pi$$ed down all day today, I think you will need a bit more elbow grease with the spray thats all, I will let you know how It goes anyway :D
yea wasn't sure about when i seen it, halfords have the whole gunk range but the bloody foam, let us know anyway :xcheers:

kingston

Advanced Member
wear washing up gloves when you do as itll burn your skin. You may want an old toothbrush and nail brush as well

niallbrady

Some good work here lads :xyes: , no one mentioned auto glym engine and machine cleaner, used it a few times now,, works like a charm!! Let it dry then spray the whole bay with vinyl and rubber care and just leave to dry,, il put pics up next time i do it!! :xgrin:

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Some good work here lads :xyes: , no one mentioned auto glym engine and machine cleaner, used it a few times now,, works like a charm!! Let it dry then spray the whole bay with vinyl and rubber care and just leave to dry,, il put pics up next time i do it!! :xgrin:
Yep I have some of that as well.

ChesterJSY

I use the above too and would definitely recommend it if you haven't tried it. Here's a pic of what mine looked like afterwards....

ChesterJSY

Very Nice Wedge xthumbup Its so easy to do and it makes such a difference to the overall appearance of the car. I took my car for a service today and they commented how nice it was to see a clean engine bay on a 10 year old car :D

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Looking GREAT lads!

If you let that engine/machine cleaner dry though you get a white film on everything, best wash it off afterwards then apply the dressing.

cameroon95

Advanced Member
If I get the gunk/degreaser on the timing chain wll it not squeak afterwards? I say this because on my old glanza I got some on the timing belt and what a noise it made for ages.