FRSU with TGM

mil1lion

Advanced Member
I'm heading to Hampsire on Tuesday to get the Eibach pro spring kit with camber and bolts and fast road set up all supplied and fitted. I can't wait to try it out and see how much difference it will make.

I assume they will just set it how they think it should be and I'll just test it out and agree with what they've done (no idea about this sort of thing) :)

Anyone else had this done from stock suspension?

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
dave7368 said:
they will set it up properly and you will love it...
sgreed

i guarantee you will take it out for a drive and think, yeah that is awesome :)

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
I only had the camber bolts & rear arms done, with tgm still a big improvment over std set up. once it's done tom will take it out for a quick test drive go out with him on the drive.... :xaiweb6:

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Mine is booked in for 8th April (my birthday) should be a nice present!! I have the Mugen sports suspension though so slightly different.

ckh

Advanced Member
mine should be done in the next week or so, i had it done to all my DC5's...well worth it!!!

best to change suspension i think Tom recommends this too i think, a set of Eibach will make the ride more comfortable too ( i have a set for sale) ;)

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Shouldn't you be doing a geo setup AFTER the springs have settled for a week or 2 ?

ckh

Advanced Member
LiamGTR said:
Shouldn't you be doing a geo setup AFTER the springs have settled for a week or 2 ?
i think after they have settled they will only be lower and a softer should not affect the setup, but i maybe wrong

Altecians

Advanced Member
I rate this setup big time!

Ali D said:
I've got my FRSU booked in for next Thursday @ TGM ;)
Glad to see you are keeping your teg dude! Eugene said you were contemplating getting rid of it?

Ali D

Advanced Member
Altecians said:
I rate this setup big time!

Glad to see you are keeping your teg dude! Eugene said you were contemplating getting rid of it?
Hey, you must be Paul??

Yeah I was weighing up selling it as I plan to move abroad in a year or so, but after test-driving a CL7 type-s (which I planed to buy as a cheap daily) there is no way I can live with such inferior power and handling.. So will be keeping the DC5 and looking at exporting it when I leave.

Your getting yours sprayed at TGM arnt you?

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
Id love to see some pictures once its done.

I cant justify the price of Coilovers at present but if you get a good ride height from the Springs Id love to see

Thanks

mil1lion

Advanced Member
Yeah I'll take some pics before and after to show the difference.

It should be a nice drive back as well (110 miles)

This will be the first real mod I've done. The first thing I did was upgrade the tyres to the Goodyear Eagle F1.
I'm hoping to get the brakes done next before taking it out on track.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Great Mod this for the money. Really transforms the car on road and track in my experience.

Softer Straight line ride, stiffer in corners (progressive springs) and the back end doesn't wobble any more under breaking, instead it tends to over steer which is much more controllable.

I also recently got the Eagle F1's (Asymmetrical 2), superb tyre that, best I have ever had actually, the grip levels in dry and wet is spot on.

Ali D

Advanced Member
Shortstuff said:
Id love to see some pictures once its done.

I cant justify the price of Coilovers at present but if you get a good ride height from the Springs Id love to see

Thanks
eibach pro kit is great, i dont see the need for coilovers tbh..

First mod i did was fit a set :)

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
I am glad you and Porthos have the Eagles as this is what I have.

I may look into this kit.

My only gripe with springs if you cant set the ride height, something I regretted on previous cars.

Although i suppose with these cars its more about handiling than looks