FRSU with TGM

dave7368

Advanced Member
zubzub said:
What make off camber arms are people using?
SPC Eibach are a popular choice, have them on mine, not the cheapest but certainly one of the best

zubzub

Advanced Member
So all i need is front + rear camber arms and camber bolts? I already have eibach springs on the teg.

Marshall-P

Advanced Member
Slightly off topic but how often would you get your FRSU checked? Mine is a couple of years old and probably needs tweaking.

mil1lion

Advanced Member
Still waiting on TGM to get the Mugen bushings before getting the FRSU done. Here's some before and after pics with the Eibach PRo Spring Kit (OEM shots first, Eibach second)

The arches surround the wheels a bit nicer now. I like the new road height, not too low and a nice subtle change, looks and feels good now.

dave7368

Advanced Member
Mike.A said:
This looks a bit expensive for what I'm looking for tbh
i'm sure i read here dotty had the 2 piece disc kit and pads that TGM have, keeping the OEM Brembo's around £750ish iirc..

dotty

Advanced Member
This looks a bit expensive for what I'm looking for tbh

i'm sure i read here dotty had the 2 piece disc kit and pads that TGM have, keeping the OEM Brembo's around £750ish iirc..

Correct.

AP racing 2-piece (bell and rotor) they are very good.

mil1lion

Advanced Member
That looks like a good option then, I was thinking the full kit for something like 2k plus

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
dave7368 said:
rear camber arms, front camber bolts
Just doing some research into this FRSU business.

Can anyone explain why you don't need camber arms for the front on the DC5, is it automatically camber adjustable on our cars as I thought it was only castor that you could play with on the front? Also why do you only need the bolts, what's the deal with them how come you don't need arms for the fronts?

Also as I already have coilovers and decide to go for the camber arms and bolts for the fronts, how much would I be looking at for a FRSU with TGM, just a rough idea on price?

Thanks.

Mark_teg

Staff member
You use a bolt for the fronts. The bolts are special in that they have a lobe on them in order to adjust the camber.

Mark_teg

Staff member
Also, some coilovers have adjustable camber on the top mounts (you'll be able to tell looking at them in the engine bay). Camber bolts are not always necessary if you have this..

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Mark_teg said:
You use a bolt for the fronts. The bolts are special in that they have a lobe on them in order to adjust the camber.
Cheers for this info Mark.

So with these bolts are these custom jobbies that TGM do are they or are they Eibach bolts or something?

Mark_teg said:
Also, some coilovers have adjustable camber on the top mounts (you'll be able to tell looking at them in the engine bay). Camber bolts are not always necessary if you have this..
That's handy to know. I have Tein Type Monoflex, do you think they have adjustable camber on them? If they do does this mean that I wouldn't have to fork out on adjustable rear camber arms then or are these still required?

Sorry for all the questions I'm just not very knowledgeable on these things that's all.

Thanks.

Mark_teg

Staff member
The bolts are eibach too.
You'll have to look at the top of the struts and see if there's adjustment there. As I say, it'll be pretty obvious. Post a pic if you're unsure..
You'll still need rear arms, just maybe not bolts for the front.