FRSU with TGM

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Gok (aka Chinese Adam) said:
Mine is booked in for 8th April (my birthday) should be a nice present!! I have the Mugen sports suspension though so slightly different.
Oooooo see you there Adam. Mines in that monday too. :xgrin:

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
I will be doing this as soon as funds allow, but im quite keen on the Tein S-tec springs Jono has for sale.

Be good to see you're before and after shots though mate :xyes:

Altecians

Advanced Member
The FRSU is really all you need in the UK, setting up coilovers on these roads are a real burden. This set up genuinely transforms the 5's handling, giving alot of confident characteristics I find. Ive pushed this setup on a few track days and it holds up remarkably well. Perfect balance for street and track in my opinion and for a very reasonable price.

Ali D said:
Hey, you must be Paul??

Yeah I was weighing up selling it as I plan to move abroad in a year or so, but after test-driving a CL7 type-s (which I planed to buy as a cheap daily) there is no way I can live with such inferior power and handling.. So will be keeping the DC5 and looking at exporting it when I leave.

Your getting yours sprayed at TGM arnt you?
Yep thats me, the CL7 wasnt so bad haha I had one a long time ago but yea cant compare after an R. Have you looked at personal importing ?
Im looking to do the same with mine in a few years.
Car is getting sprayed now at TGM, might pop up to the Kidlington meet on sunday (?) Probably catch you then.

dotty

Advanced Member
I've just had my geo checked up here at TGM, some Slight adjustments made.

Ali D

Advanced Member
Altecians said:
The FRSU is really all you need in the UK, setting up coilovers on these roads are a real burden. This set up genuinely transforms the 5's handling, giving alot of confident characteristics I find. Ive pushed this setup on a few track days and it holds up remarkably well. Perfect balance for street and track in my opinion and for a very reasonable price.

Yep thats me, the CL7 wasnt so bad haha I had one a long time ago but yea cant compare after an R. Have you looked at personal importing ?
Im looking to do the same with mine in a few years.
Car is getting sprayed now at TGM, might pop up to the Kidlington meet on sunday (?) Probably catch you then.
Yeah I‘ve looked at personal import, but Australia has a lot of costs involved - such as 10-15% TAX of the cars value over there (which will be a lot, as JDM cars sell for mega money). I can rent a container, and use the extra space for my belongings so the physical transport cost isn‘t that high, it‘s just the TAX‘s which are the killer. Worth it thought, for something you love.

I‘ll be there Sunday, maybe catch you then. Btw, what wheels do you have? (and what‘s the width/offset and size) – they look nice on your FB pic with Eugene‘s old car.

mil1lion

Advanced Member

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
Oooooo see you there Adam. Mines in that monday too. :xgrin:
What's yours in for mate? Can travel up together if you like? Will talk about it after the Honda meet if you like?

mil1lion

Advanced Member
Dc5shammy said:
How much is it setting you back if you don't mind me asking?? Been thinking about doing it on mine
Its about £565 inc VAT for the springs, camber arm and bolts, geometry and labour to fit it

If you do get it done make sure you mention you're on the forum and they'll do a 10% discount

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Change of plan for mine. Will go in on the 22nd now. Can't wait. Got other plans before Japfest too.

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Can anyone provide me with the info to give to http://www.revolution247.com/ for my full geo'/balancing/FRSU setup on the 17th please?

I'm not sure whether the current setup of my car will be able to accommodate a FRSU, but I'll leave that for the experts to decide.

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
LiamGTR said:
Can anyone provide me with the info to give to http://www.revolution247.com/ for my full geo'/balancing/FRSU setup on the 17th please?

I'm not sure whether the current setup of my car will be able to accommodate a FRSU, but I'll leave that for the experts to decide.
settings vary between garages and its all down to personal preference.

i think i have -1.4 camber on the front, -1.3 rear. total front toe is -1mm and total rear +1mm

mil1lion

Advanced Member
Still waiting to get mine done. I took it in last Tuesday but it turns out I need new bushings so there's no point in getting the alignment done until I replace those.

I got the springs fitted and I'm liking the feel so far. Also replaced the rear brakes and looking at getting a quote to upgrade the fronts (possibly with the TGM Brembro upgrades)

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
Shame about the bushes!

Looking forward to seeing some pictures

I got OEM Brembo Discs and Ferodo DS2000 pads from TGM and really rate them :)