Group Buy – HKS lowered seat rail - £130

Chewy

Advanced Member
Rob R said:
Sorry boys and girls haven't been following this thread.

Going to have to pull out I'm afraid :( Luckily you still have 6 people so the GB can still go ahead :)

Sorry to be a pest
Thanks for getting back to us.

Right, Lets get this thing done then!

Chewy

Advanced Member
Matt suggested the delivery time would be 4-6 weeks If they're made to order, so If the order was placed on March 19th they should be with us between now (week 4 - 16th) and the end of the month (Week 6 - 30th)

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
i emailed matt yesterday, here is his reply:

Hey Luke,

The info I got was that HKS are looking at the end of the month before they have them made...so it shouldn't be too much longer!

Cheers

Matt

Chewy

Advanced Member
They're in the country guys!

Just seen a picture of them uploaded to Injection Imports facebook page.

Not long now and we should have them :)

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
i got an email yesterday from mate asking for my delivery address..

so they should be with us this week!

Chewy

Advanced Member
They were all packaged up last night, should have been sent out today and be with us tomorrow. :)

Budders_DC5

Advanced Member
Wahoo! I havnt got facebook, did he put anything about the wind deflectors on there as i ordered a set of them aswell??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chewy

Advanced Member
Budders said:
Wahoo! I havnt got facebook, did he put anything about the wind deflectors on there as i ordered a set of them aswell??
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There was indeed a picture of multiple wind deflectors!

Looks like one of those could be yours. :)

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Gutted I had to pull out of this. :(

What's the chances of Matt doing another group buy? Any idea how much the rails would be on its own before any discount was applied?

tristanpalmer

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Gutted I had to pull out of this. :(

What's the chances of Matt doing another group buy? Any idea how much the rails would be on its own before any discount was applied?
Not sure there was that much discount for the GB, as from what Matt said the margins were quite tight for him anyway...

Would definitely be worth asking him.

Chewy

Advanced Member
It's here! :)

The finish is a little bit disappointing as it's flaking off in places, but not that fussed seeing as It's never going to be seen Haha.

Time to get it in!

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
awesome, although weren't these supposed to be HKS? i cant see any HKS branding.. not that i have a clue as to whether that is good or not haha

and any how-to's on fitting these with rough time estimate?

tristanpalmer

Advanced Member
Aye mine turned up this morning too :xgrin:
Think the paint flaking is just due to it being quickly assembled after painting, so there's some flaking from the contact points of the rail.

Fitting wise it's only 6 bolts to change the seat onto the rail, then 4 to bolt the whole thing back in.

Though you may need to disconnect the battery if the pre-tensioners has to be disconnected so you can fit it to the new rail.
I haven't actually put it in yet, so not sure... I'm not sure if you can just swap it over, or if the cable has to be disconnected (think there is a plug) then pulled through the old rail first.