Group Buy – HKS lowered seat rail - £130

Rom

Advanced Member
Just for some info, i tested Budders against my Bride. They are as close to the same as i can measure. Obviously im measuring on carpet etc, so not an exact science.
Front of seat cushion (top edge) is 8'' from floor, side bolster sits inline with handbrake trim.

They do however seem to go further back than Brides do.

If anyone doesnt like their HKS one, or doesnt need the extra length, id be looking for a swap with my Bride, they go for the same price used as the HKS went for in this buy, but I would obviously come to some deal with you.

dotty

Advanced Member
I found my vanner one to be noticeably lower than the spoon one (similar to bride) and as you say it went back further.

Budders_DC5

Advanced Member
Just drove around town and it is low but i love it! Iv had to adjust my mirrors right down and i do have to stretch a little bit to park to watch the kerb. Like i said before i think it is peference though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
Chewy said:
Takes about 15 - 20 minutes with 2 people, or 20 - 30 minutes on your own (Just for the fiddly bits)

This is for a facelift, but I'm sure it's the same;

You'll need a 14mm socket or spanner, 10mm spanner and a set of allen keys.

1. Remove the x4 14mm bolts holding the OEM rail to the floor.
2. Disconnect seat belt warning wire/cable. (I didn't disconnect the battery, It's just a plug for the seat belt warning)
3. Remove seat from car and remove x1 14mm bolt holding the seat belt 'lock' from the side of the rail.
4. Remove x6 10mm bolts holding the OEM rail to the Recaro.
5. Replace the 14mm bolt and Seat belt 'lock' on the HKS rail (Top tip, Make sure the wire goes between the seat rail and the Recaro when you put it back on as you can't fit it through anywhere and the rail is so low/cable is so short you can't fit it underneath.)
6. Throw the HKS rail on with the x6 new bolts provided (These are allen keys, can't remember what size sorry)
7. Replace the seat back in the car and reconnect the Seat belt warning wire/cable.
8. Replace the x4 washers on the original 14mm bolts with the new ones provided and bolt the seat back to the floor, Job done!
Chewy, i couldnt get the original washers off, so i have just used them without the new ones, will this be ok?

Chewy

Advanced Member
Lukeyboi89 said:
Chewy, i couldnt get the original washers off, so i have just used them without the new ones, will this be ok?
If it's just the 4 mentioned in 'step 8' for bolting the seat/rail back in and you've just used the original OEM ones again instead, that's perfectly fine mate.

Rom

Advanced Member
Oh is that what they are for!
I thought maybe you could use them to tilt the seat backwards or forwards.

Mine are in my toolbox now.

Going to try sliding my seat fully to the right on the Allen keys, set it in the center when I fitted it.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
Chewy said:
If it's just the 4 mentioned in 'step 8' for bolting the seat/rail back in and you've just used the original OEM ones again instead, that's perfectly fine mate.
Yeah that's the one mate, cheers.

Great mod by the way, can't see the bonnet or anything but it feels comfier being lower down.

Rom

Advanced Member
alan-lee said:
Has this group buy come and gone? Not readin 8 pages to find out
You can get them still, they arent a huge amount more than the GB was . Speak to Matt @ Injection Imports, mine came last week. After realising these go further back than my Brides I ordered one.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member

tristanpalmer

Advanced Member
Lukeyboi89 said:
dont do it!

my mates got an e46 m3, and they are comfy and fast dont get me wrong.

but it just doesnt have the same driving 'feel' or enjoyment as the teg!
Interesting... What do you mean by driving 'feel'?

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
tristanpalmer said:
Interesting... What do you mean by driving 'feel'?
it's hard to describe, go and test drive one that's the only way you will be able to tell if you enjoy it more or not.

personally, i think it requires a lot less input to go very quick (which isnt necessarily a bad thing) but it makes you feel like you as a driver are having less of an impact and ultimately it feels less rewarding and less 'raw', i prefer the more involving drive of the teg.

again everyone will find this different, i will add that this is with my teg which has buddyclub coilivers with a decent alignment, and my mates m3 is standard with the 19" wheels. put some coilovers on that and it will probably 'feel' and handle a lot different...

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
tristanpalmer said:
Haha... It's the 46's I'm looking at.
Seem to be the right price now, and can't see them getting a great deal cheaper now.

My mate's selling this, which has what's got me looking at them :xgrin:: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121682409752?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Lovely cars and a lot more refined than the Teg,

I find I'm getting too old now to be driving round in it and I hammer it everywhere where as my thinking is an M3 will be a lot smoother and more refined.

The Teg is giving me really bad knees and an aching back on a constant basis. You can get a decent M3 for 7k, love the E46's as well.
Lukeyboi89 said:
dont do it!

my mates got an e46 m3, and they are comfy and fast dont get me wrong.

but it just doesnt have the same driving 'feel' or enjoyment as the teg!
Completely different cars to be fair and the BMW will be a lot heavier but they're lovely motors.

Would like to drive one to see what the difference is like between the Teg and the E46 as like you said the Teg will be more rewarding but we're all different and want different things from our cars.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
but we're all different and want different things from our cars.
which is exactly why i said for him to go and test drive so he can judge for himself :xhappy:

J-dawg

Sorry to dig up the past but I'm 100% getting a hks low seat rail...I've emailed Injection Imports twice with no luck. Anyone got direct contact with Matt?