Group Buy – HKS lowered seat rail - £130

dotty

Advanced Member
Welcome to DC5 ownership. Buy cheap and buy twice.

See anti-iroll bar thread for a case in point

Chewy

Advanced Member
dotty said:
Welcome to DC5 ownership. Buy cheap and buy twice.

See anti-iroll bar thread for a case in point
Haha, Thanks....

I've learned my lesson.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
Haha I'm not a scrimper, always buy quality parts.

Just thought there might be somewhere else UK based that does these cheaper!

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Lukeyboi89 said:
Don't fancy paying £160 for one... Any other places?
£160 is cheap for a lowered rail from what I've read.

Think if you get one for £200 second hand would be relatively cheap so to speak.

Madness isn't it!

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
£160 is cheap for a lowered rail from what I've read.

Think if you get one for £200 second hand would be relatively cheap so to speak.

Madness isn't it!
It's just a pice of shaped metal, so didn't think it was wrong to say £160 is a lot for it!

If the price is that, is there not someone with UK stock?

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I know mate. I totally agree, ludicrous really for what is a piece of shaped metal.

Do you know anyone that can fabricate one for you? May work out cheaper.

Rom

Advanced Member
Second hand got for around £100 but dont come up that often.

Dan34

Advanced Member
Lukeyboi89 said:
It's just a pice of shaped metal, so didn't think it was wrong to say £160 is a lot for it!

If the price is that, is there not someone with UK stock?
Just a piece of metal that keeps you securely in place in the car... :xgrin:

tristanpalmer

Advanced Member
Hey All,

If anyone is interested in getting some rails ordered, would highly recommend having a chat with Matt at Injection.
He can get a bride rail for a very good price, but the drop is only around 15mm.

Am trying trying to find an alternative option(s) with more drop, with him at the moment.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
tristanpalmer said:
Hey All,

If anyone is interested in getting some rails ordered, would highly recommend having a chat with Matt at Injection.
He can get a bride rail for a very good price, but the drop is only around 15mm.

Am trying trying to find an alternative option(s) with more drop, with him at the moment.
tristan, see what the best price is you can get for more of a drop, and mention to Matt that we could probably get a Group buy going on here to save us a bit more monies...

Chewy

Advanced Member
I could potentially be interested in a Group buy, It would have to be more than a 15mm drop though.

tristanpalmer

Advanced Member
Have asked the question re. Group buy.

There's not definite drop on the bride rails at the moment, if anyone could confirm how much drop they give on a dc5, this would help move things along with a GB if injection are open to the idea.

T

tristanpalmer

Advanced Member
Ok guys, just spoken with Matt and said he can do the following prices for a GB:

1-3 - £125
4-6 £115
6 + £110

He has put in a question with Bride to try to confirm the drop, but isn't sure if/when he'll here back, what would probably speed things up massively would be if someone who has the rail could confirm the drop?
Think he will put something in their traders section about it once we have gauged interest on here, and a confirmed drop, as obviously last thing he wants is everyone messaging them asking what the drop is.

Chewy

Advanced Member
tristanpalmer said:
Ok guys, just spoken with Matt and said he can do the following prices for a GB:

1-3 - £125
4-6 £115
6 + £110

He has put in a question with Bride to try to confirm the drop, but isn't sure if/when he'll here back, what would probably speed things up massively would be if someone who has the rail could confirm the drop?
Think he will put something in their traders section about it once we have gauged interest on here.
At that price, Count me In!

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
yep, im in for those prices... just obviously as mentioned need drop confirmation...............