GruppeM fitted

SiKBoY

Advanced Member
Nomis said:
scaryprowler said:
Everyone makes a big deal over this... I dont know about the rest of you GruppeM owners, but what I shaved off was so minimal you wouldnt believe (see sig pics). I too done it for convenience.
I would be willing to bet good money that a combination of 1) getting rid of the CDs you don't listen to from the glovebox, 2) not carrying around the manual 3) not taking the road atlas 4) a satisfying few minutes sitting / s*itting in the smallest room before setting off or 5) any one of the above, would negate any reduction in performance from a trivial mod to the scoop.
Now that I have ordered mine I am starting to think about this mod..

Mainly because I am lazy :lol:

T666YPR

Nomis said:
I would be willing to bet good money that a combination of 1) getting rid of the CDs you don't listen to from the glovebox, 2) not carrying around the manual 3) not taking the road atlas 4) a satisfying few minutes sitting / s*itting in the smallest room before setting off or 5) any one of the above, would negate any reduction in performance from a trivial mod to the scoop.
After paying all that extra £££ for the development and you take it back to "prototype 01"

Like you say it's prolly not a big difference,but it's one you have paid for.

Not making a big thing of it,seeing that if I had one I'd do the same.

I'm told it even runs well without the scoop at all.

scaryprowler

Advanced Member
T666YPR said:
Nomis said:
After paying all that extra £££ for the development and you take it back to "prototype 01"

Like you say it's prolly not a big difference,but it's one you have paid for.

Not making a big thing of it,seeing that if I had one I'd do the same.

I'm told it even runs well without the scoop at all.
Trust me... when you know its carbon fibre ($$$$) and the R&D that you're shaving off, you too would be very careful to remove only the bare minimum... (I've kept the dust :p)

Lets not have any more on this subject, eh! :wink:

Nomis

SiKBoY said:
Nomis said:
scaryprowler said:
Everyone makes a big deal over this... I dont know about the rest of you GruppeM owners, but what I shaved off was so minimal you wouldnt believe (see sig pics). I too done it for convenience.
Now that I have ordered mine I am starting to think about this mod..

Mainly because I am lazy :lol:
Which mod are you thinking about - CDs, manual, atlas or colorectal? :wink: I agree that shaving the lovely carbonfibre is painful, but when you start you realise that you can enjoy the vibe of your file cutting into that quality substrate - if you don't believe me, try filing your plastic dustbin and compare the feeling...

Gary

Advanced Member
Peeps who are worried about doin this mod should remember that this was designed purely as a race induction kit so convenience and potential water ingress were not high on the list of priorities so the scoop was made as large as possible, I also have one and have trimmed a couple of mil offf the rim and I can't notice any difference!
P.S. By the way if anyone's interested I had mine delivered direct to my door for £420 and it would be even cheaper in a group buy!