Help please, new to all this but after a new stereo.

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
Another quick update.

It takes a bit of playing to automate it all as its best to add the odd second or two gap between tasks to let things sync up.
Also a thing that was bugging me was I had to unlock the phone when getting into the car to make it all work properly. Yeah its not a pain but I wanted to get into the car and have it all work without me having to fumble about with a finger print unlock etc.

The way round this is an app called no-lock-home which is free. This app will detect a bluetooth pairing or a wifi connection and unlock your phone automatically. Very handy just for home use, not having to lock and un lock whilst connected to your home wifi etc.

So now when I start the car the following happens. Seems complicate but its not, and its all automated.

Ignition on and appradio starts bluetooth.
Phone detects BT and unlocks the screen,
BT pairs with appradio and starts ARunchained.
Phone then starts hotspot,
chrome dongle connects to hotspot and waits a second.
Chromecast starts and casts screen to head unit.

recently saved my sanity this lot after being stuck behind an overturned lorry full of redbull on the M6 for several hours. I managed to watch a whole movie and several iplayer shows whilst standing still in traffic. That and check up on the form and read my emails.

speedysam

Hi guys

picked up m CW DC5 at the weekend and love it...however not so much the HU. anyway quick Q where does everyone get there fascia from for a single din HU, search ebay and google and cant find one?

cheers for any help