Honda wind deflectors...

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
hi lads,

i want to remove these off my old teg to put on the new one..
any tips on this, i believe these have the clips on too!

cheers

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Run a small blade across the top to unstick them, otherwise you risk snapping them, especially if they are old. Unscrew from all the clips and un stick, that's pretty much all that holds them on. There is a little flap that sits in behind the wing mirror plastics, but it will become apparent when you start to take them off. It's easy really. :)

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
Run a small blade across the top to unstick them, otherwise you risk snapping them, especially if they are old. Unscrew from all the clips and un stick, that's pretty much all that holds them on. There is a little flap that sits in behind the wing mirror plastics, but it will become apparent when you start to take them off. It's easy really. :)
cheers buddy, will tackle this next week!

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
just did this tonight, really helped thanks.

worst thing was getting all that residue off of the deflectors, got a great blister on my thumb now lol

zacho

Advanced Member
Fitted these last week, ditched the clips as pointed out on here. Love the look of them! I swear i can feel a draught coming in now though, and more wind noise in the cabin(need a louder exhaust i know ha!).. might just be me. Anyone else had this? I pushed the tab at the front end of the deflector right into the slot behind the mirror as i was paranoid about them falling off after reading some comments on here! Wonder if that could have lifted slightly and be causing it..

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
You need the clips to hold it? Lol. I stated removing them as the original post wanted to know how to take them off. The clips need to be on otherwise the will fly off over time I bet :)

zacho

Advanced Member
They didn't seem to fit right when i tried to fit them, looked they werent going to do much and also like it was making a gap inbetween the rubber seal and the door so, like a few members at the beggining of the thread did, i just cleaned the door trim up real well with the degreasing wipes and stuck them on making sure to press firmly all around where the tape is. Time will tell anyway!

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
I won't be using the clips. They pushed the deflector away from my car and the tape then came unstuck

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Are these with new or second hand ones? I've fitted these twice, both used and new and have been fine? But hey what ever works best for you guys I suppose :).

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi all.

Drivers side deflector took flight today. Recovered and managed to salvage the front and rear fasteners. The two middle ones are bust. Im in the process of cleaning the wind deflector and the door trim. (Its a pain).

Im struggling to find some 3m 5mm wide double sided tape with a foam insert.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction to purchase the right stuff.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Fahadl786

Advanced Member
Granty1056 said:
Hi all.

Drivers side deflector took flight today. Recovered and managed to salvage the front and rear fasteners. The two middle ones are bust. Im in the process of cleaning the wind deflector and the door trim. (Its a pain).

Im struggling to find some 3m 5mm wide double sided tape with a foam insert.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction to purchase the right stuff.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
Halfords number plate tape, i believe the brand name is 'Harris' orange packet. Black tape with green backing paper

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Fahadl786 said:
Halfords number plate tape, i believe the brand name is 'Harris' orange packet. Black tape with green backing paper
Hi.

Thanks for the info. The deflector has a slightly recessed lip about 5mm wide where the sticky stuff goes. I was hoping to find some tape about three mil thick so that it stood proud of deflector. I thought it might bond better.

The stuff I'm cleaning off looks to have a 3 or 4mil foam insert

Ive found some 5mm 3m tape but its only thin. If Im struggling to get a firm fit I'll double up with the tape.

I'll report back when done.

Regards.

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Granty1056 said:
Hi.

Thanks for the info. The deflector has a slightly recessed lip about 5mm wide where the sticky stuff goes. I was hoping to find some tape about three mil thick so that it stood proud of deflector. I thought it might bond better.

The stuff I'm cleaning off looks to have a 3 or 4mil foam insert

Ive found some 5mm 3m tape but its only thin. If Im struggling to get a firm fit I'll double up with the tape.

I'll report back when done.

Regards.
Just an update.

Managed to clean the surfaces with Isopropyl Alcohol. Amazing stuff and it soon shifted the gunge. It can be found in lens cleaner. They would'nt sell me it at Boots.

I had to double up with the 3m which was needed as the deflector still fits flush. I think I've got a good secure bond.

Storm Imogen is about on dear old Whitby. Hopefully I wont have to eat me words.

Regards.