Hondata ECU .. Is your car running lean?????

Rob-DC2

Advanced Member
gotta agree as franz was flying around Oulten when i was in his car :D

one bad thing tho franz, i still keep getting your speeding tickets sent to my house :lol:

Rob

CPL Racing

jonster said:
Hi Mike,

I'm no expert but it just seems to make sense to use a system that solves the problem of tire slippage and the inconsistencies of the tire to roller interface. With the Dynapack you get precision and repeatability normally associated with an engine dyno but you account for the drive losses too.

Jon
Hi Jon,

You may be interested to know the following:

Tyre slippage is not an issue on a Dyno Dynamics chassis dynomometer, there are two of these in the U.K. (ours and Gforce) we can measure up to 850bhp at the wheels. Out of interest Dyno Dynamics in Australia have a yearly nationwide dyno shootout the record at the moment is 1500 bhp at the wheels no wheelspin!

Only an engine dyno can measure flywheel horsepower, from both a Dyno Dynamics and a dynapack flywheel horsepower is a good estimate, however on Dyno Dynamics we can perform a coast down test to achieve an estimated flywheel horsepower.

Although useful for comparison I personally feel that Wheel horsepower is more significant than hub horsepower as when you are talking performance it's what you put to the ground that's important and therefore performance gains fro say lighter wheels can be measured.

Also we have had a number of cars that have been dynoed by us and Abbey in the same trim which is useful for both of us as an accurate comparison can now be made.

jonster

Advanced Member
Thanks for the info.

I guess both systems have pros and cons. I guess if tyre slipping is not a problem with your system there is no real concern and if your system factors-in the wheel inertia it's measuring a real-life element at the same time. Some might view measuring the engine power with minimal additional variables a good thing, but if these variables are real life ones we experience on the road (wheel weight, tyre resistence etc...) they should be factored-in.

It's the benifit of the mod that we really want to see at the end of the day. I don't know how accurately the two difference dyno systems compare but I guess it's better to stick with one.

I'd like to visit you guys some time because I hear good things from other forum members. I'm especially interested in your Hondata K Pro work.

Cheers,

Jon

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
jonster said:
I'd like to visit you guys some time because I hear good things from other forum members. I'm especially interested in your Hondata K Pro work.
Hey Johny boy

I am going there on Tuesday if you want to come..

Getting my headers fitted :D

Going to do a few dynos too..

Now that I have changed my Mugen CAI I am going to 1st dyno it with new CAI

Old one was getting 187 at the wheels and 221 bhp

then I will dyno after headers are on..

Let me know if you can get the day off and come with me..

UW

jonster

Advanced Member
Hi Mark,

Would have loved to come but I'm out of the country until Thursday I'm afraid.

Hope the mod/dyno session goes well.

I'm sure we are all looking forward to the results.

Cheers,

Jon

Type R - Matt

Advanced Member
ps2london said:
please don't call me good driver anymore.... i just do more trackday then u guys, know the car abit more... we just can't see the real good driver on normal trackday.... Good driver never tell u they are good if u know what i mean.

i am very wellcome of any of you jump into my car at trackday, then u will know what the car can handle and understand more of the car..... i took long time to understand the car. because no one show me what the car can handle......

Franz
I would like a passenger ride sometime.

I agree aswell with your point about experience, in my old EK9 it managed well over 30 trackdays and was still learning when I sold it, I was very quick, very little went past, then I would let a race driver drive drive it, and it showed my need for training.

Jon you will end up getting dampers, IMHO Tein are not that great, way too hard for our roads, but very good on track, I would look for Cusco, the Kings of Suspension IMHO, for a good compromise.

Springs are only going to improve the suspension, not transform it, Im not a great fan of just swapping the springs.

ps2london

Advanced Member
Matt,

u have done more than 30 trackday!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:
i think i have done around 10+

OMG, please jump in, and give me a lesson, u must be flying now!!!

I learned a lot when u took me out at Castle Combe, really miss that day.

Andre, Jason, John, Rich(Steel)+ other honda, great day.

but only John and me have the DC5 now :(

Type R - Matt

Advanced Member
Yer come along on the 31st May to Bedford, reckon I have done over 40 trackdays now and still learning loads, an excellent venue and day.

I do on average 1 every other month 6 - 7 a year although I did 6 in my Elise in 6 months last year, 2 this year so far 8)

With out wishing to be big headed since Combe I reckon 2 seconds + a lap quicker, as my brakes were not working properly at Combe and had loads of training since, next to nothing came past at Bedford in the wet a few weeks ago :lol: including much better BHP Elises, VX220 Turbo's.

I am still learning my car so have left everything standard, I will be going for Alley Bells, floating disks, and new pads in July, and then dampers, and then Honda conversion I think, I still need some driver development when on the limit, as 80% of the time I can catch the back end 20% loose it on the limit, need to bridge the gap.

I had Ricardo's Exige on full opposite lock at 90 and managed to catch it, my career best so far :lol: Much easier to catch the Exige than my S2, strange.

Hopefully Ricardo will be there with his K20 powered Exige on the 31st, I want a drive :p