Horrible Ticky Sound

maxvr6

Advanced Member
You havent checked yet? That was the first thing i thought when you made that new post about the noise from your car lol

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
No haven't checked it yet, haven't got any money lol! Plus I'm not a mechanic so wouldn't have a clue wtf I'm doing anyway ha ha!

I doubt it is the plugs but I'll get it looked it next month when I get paid. Probably just the tappets or valve clearances I imagine.

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
Where abouts do you live?

Spark plugs are really easy to check.

Honda charge £50 an hour diagnosis but only takes them half an hour

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I'm in North Wales mate.

My old man's a mechanic so I might get him to have a look at the plugs this weekend, what exactly was wrong with yours so I can let him know what he needs to be looking for?

Cheers.

Marc

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Edit - just watched your FB clip so I can see that it was loose so I'll ask him to have a look at it.

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Edit - just watched your FB clip so I can see that it was loose so I'll ask him to have a look at it.
Have you watched both videos?

He should easily be able to see if its the same issue as mine when he removes them :)

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Yeah I've watched them both now, good little clips to help diagnose the problem.

Mine's sort of ticky/hissy and it's getting on my wick a bit, I think it's a mix of both the engine noise and the exhaust tbh. I think I'll be prioritising this over the FSRU next year, going to have to get Christmas and that business out of the way before I can sort this problem out really as I imagine if it's not the plugs then it's going to be a costly experience.

I don't think it's anything major with mine but it's just irritating me that's all.

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
Have you done a video of your problem?

Being a hissy sound aswell sounds like exhaust manifold?

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Creating the whiney sound you mean, you reckon that's what it could be?

What about the knocking, tappety noise - water pump again or something else maybe? Is it quite important to get the above checked in case something were to get tits up with it?

It doesn't sound healthy either way does it, sounds rough! :/

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
Does sound rough, take it to garage & just say it's just happen & ask them what it,it could be before you end up with a bigger bill!!

dotty

Advanced Member
Yeah I've watched them both now, good little clips to help diagnose the problem.

Mine's sort of ticky/hissy and it's getting on my wick a bit, I think it's a mix of both the engine noise and the exhaust tbh. I think I'll be prioritising this over the FSRU next year, going to have to get Christmas and that business out of the way before I can sort this problem out really as I imagine if it's not the plugs then it's going to be a costly experience.

I don't think it's anything major with mine but it's just irritating me that's all.

You won't continue to drive it like it is until then surely ??

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
dotty said:
You won't continue to drive it like it is until then surely ??
Haven't got much choice really, in saying that I don't use the car midweek as I walk to work and I get paid on Friday so should be able to get it booked in next week at some point.

Do you think it's something major? I appreciate it's hard to tell just off a short clip. Got me worried now. :(

dotty

Advanced Member
It's certainly not healthy. It's hard to say what it could be off the video but it's rough enough to avoid driving it before it gets looked at that's for sure.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Thanks for the good advice I'll take it on board. Will give the mechanic a call this week and see if I can get it booked in for him to have a look at.