How to...Change the Aux belt.

Mebz

Advanced Member
Does anyone have the part number for the auto tensioner it self? Mine is indicating the belt is tight.

Tried searching but had no luck finding anything.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
I'm hearing a few shot bearing noises coming from around the aux belt area so I'm looking to change them. Is there one bearing ...(the one pictured with the spanner on it)... and the tensioner, or is it the same thing? Is there another bearing at the bottom that isn't crank, power steering, water pump or AC that I could also change.? its abit confusing as I have seen many peole call them different things and I'm unsure what is what now. haha

Just trying to find out which ones people have used if any aftermarket is available.

James

nellly

Advanced Member
there are many bearing involved you will need to try and find out which one. aircon powersteering etc the most common is the tensioner pully, you dont have to replace the entire tensioner you can just get the pully with the bearing direct from honda think its only about £30

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Awesome, yeah I appreciate there are alot of bearings/ spinning things down there, lol but if I can replace the easiest ones first and see, im hoping its that

The sound isnt coming from the wheel well, its not the top, power steering pump... it sounds to me the middle bearing. (one I described above) I shall get one of those ordered up the and start from there. :)

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Ok, so I ordered an auto tensioner pulley from tegiwa, and they sent a cam chain tensioner instead.. upon looking through their website again to prove myself, I noticed there are now two pulleys.

I would like to know the difference please and if the Teg can use them both? They aren't listed under dc5, just civic so im just assuming they fit.??

The parts are, the auto tensioner pulley (which I ordered originally) and the idler pulley. Whats the difference please?

Thanks

wj51fut

Advanced Member
I thought there was only one??! The others are the crank, air con pump, water pump, alternator and power steering pump

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
yes that is the exact one I ordered....they sent me the chain tensioner. lol I'm actually better off at the mo, but its booked in at TGM for all of that end of Feb, I already have those bits. haha I just need the pulley. But on their website when I went to check to make sure I had ordered the right one, I found another...the idler pulley as well. :wacko:

Still yet to hear back from them, sent an email, PM, a post on the forum, and a Facebook message.....nothing back yet. :(

Thanks for confirming

James

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
nellly said:
should have kept it its worth twice as much as the pulley :)
I did think of doing that..., but I'm honest. On the 28th TGM are doing the chain/ tensioner anyhoo so its £30 here or there. if it was the kit for around 120 then that would have been a bit different.... haha

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
Started the car this morning to a squeaky belt. Quick dab of WD40 on the back of the belt and it stopped. So hopefully not a pulley and just the belt :) Going to check the local motor factors tomorrow or order from eBay Monday.

Great guide, clear and concise.

So how big is a belt on one of those monster earth moving things!!!!!