'How to' replace Recaro seat bolster (guide)

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
tricker_luke said:
Just hand wash that bit?
If you're referring to the middle part, mine has never got dirty, but I'd probably just use a damp microfibre cloth and some fabric clean. Just go gently on it, as the material is prone to going a bit fluffy.

Gaz DC5

Advanced Member
I want to do this on my drivers seat but i dont think they do the covers in blue (not on the website in blue anyway). I have sent them an email asking if they can get them in blue though so fingers crossed!

Gaz DC5

Advanced Member
dc5-2ltr said:
Pretty sure Capital dont do the blue bolster covers..you may have to try Recaro direct :(
Just got a reply from capital seating - good news \:D/
Here's the email:

Hi Gaz

Thank you for your enquiry. At present we do not have any blue covers available, as they are produced in large batches like the red and black ones. The reason is that is substantially less demand for blue covers so it is not viable to keep large amounts of blue covers on stock.

We will be happy to make you some blue covers for you, but they will be charged at £55+VAT per cover for the machine set up costs. Alternatively, you are welcome to place an order and we can wait until we next run a batch production on either the red or black DC5 covers so we can charge you at the normal cover price. This however, could take a couple of months before a new batch is required.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Joe
Capital Seating

I'm not in any real rush to do this so i can wait a couple of months :)

Kinli

Advanced Member
Taken from capital seatings site:

"Bolster Foam:

Honda Integra DC5 owners:
The original foam used in the DC5 is no longer available. This foam is the same shape but slightly larger and can be used as an alternative. Refitting the original cover will be a little tight, however once secured it will compress the foam into the correct profile."

Anyone tried this version? does it work? Who else sells these bolster foams?

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
This is the same as I used in this guide, it is slightly wider, but you'll do very well to notice once it's fitted back into the car... ;)

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Great thread Chris.

The arse of my seat has gone, and I will do the bolster at the same time so will use this when the time comes. :)

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
MilanoChris said:
Great thread Chris.

The arse of my seat has gone, and I will do the bolster at the same time so will use this when the time comes. :)
You're welcome. ;)

harimakenji

This is a very detailed, step by step, fool proof DIY!! Awesomeness is apparent =D>
Subscribed + Saved.

Also wondering if there is a guide for top bolster as well.
My top bolster is not only shiny, but ripped. I got a quote from a Recaro local distributor here in Australia and they said it cost $300AUD. :?

As for the soap you used (CG Fabric Clean), at what ratio did you dilute it? I think I'm just gonna use some similar upholstery stain remover.

Great DIY mate.

rodney

Advanced Member
My top bolster is slightly fozzie bear. Not only has the bolster subsided slightly it's minus a few stitches.

I'll email/speak to capital seating on tuesday to see what's what.

Great guide btw.

JamesSSB

Advanced Member
Awsom How 2,
I have done this too probibly 4 sets of reacro's so far, I have just repaired my 2 DC5 seats with the capital seating bolster foams and Hinge repair kit with no problems.

If anyone was wondering what to use to clean the alcantara fabric to remove oil, dirt or stains E.C.T, Auto Glym Interior Shampoo is the best stuff as its designed to be used with exotic synthetic fabrics. I have also used this stuff on the carpet and matts and even the roof lining of the Dc5/EK9's in the past.
Works very well, just spray the fabric liberly and then get a wet face-cloth and wash the area with warm water, then just use your car leather to dry the fabric.
And hey presto.
My car is 7 years old and the amount of dirt that came out of the seat was unreall!

James.

tunwicks

Advanced Member
Thanx for the guide. I used it to take out my drivers seat and strip the rails. I am sending my seat to capital seating for some refurb work :D

darquinn2006

Advanced Member
Brilliant guide there mate =D>

Just finished doing my drivers seat bolster

Spot on instructions

Some of the clips are a pain in the A$$ to get off and back on :lol:

p1tse

Advanced Member
great right up

what's the cost of new foam, material etc.?

if someone else can do it, how much do they charge on labour/fitting?

has anyone thought about replacing the side wings with leather type?