'How to' replace Recaro seat bolster (guide)

Edy

Advanced Member
I've just done this as per 'Chris's guide' Great results !

Only thing I'd add, when taking off the Recaro trim (around the seat recliner knob) push in the 3 clips rather than getting underneath with a screwdriver :wink:

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
Edy said:
I've just done this as per 'Chris's guide' Great results !

Only thing I'd add, when taking off the Recaro trim (around the seat recliner knob) push in the 3 clips rather than getting underneath with a screwdriver :wink:
This bit Dean? I'll change my original post. So you just push down on the areas circled?

Stylesa

Advanced Member
Great guide, did my bolster at the weekend and it came in very handy. Good effort taking the time to put that guide together, its a tough enough job without creating a guide at the same time! xthumbsup

madrab

Advanced Member
seem to be having problems with this, i know capital seating said the foam was a little bigger and it would stretch but i cant get it to fit at all looks about 2-3 inches out

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
madrab said:
seem to be having problems with this, i know capital seating said the foam was a little bigger and it would stretch but i cant get it to fit at all looks about 2-3 inches out
Did you read this from my original post..?

"Note: I did NOT have to cut the bolster supplied by Capitol Seating at all. Spend a few minutes trying to get the front two thirds of the bolster sitting nicely in the cover, then slip the back edge into the cover (the thin bit), it will probably buckle and hang out the bottom a little bit, but don't worry too much. Hook the bolster back over the frame and try and get it sitting as best as you can. Re-attach the wire on the inside edge first, this should be fairly easy, then turn the seat over and using quite a bit of force hook the wire back onto the 6 tabs. Once you have done this hopefully your cover will be nice and tight..."

madrab

Advanced Member
yes mate i did read that bit, but i cant even get the big bit to sit nicely into the cover, so i havent got as far as to bend the thin bit, ill post up a pic tommorow of what i mean

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
ArmyAnt said:
Anyone know where to order the bolster in new zealand?
Your help will be much appreciated!! Thanks
Not sure there are too many members from NZ on here. Have you tried contacting Capital Seating to see if they will ship abroad?

CosKev

Excellent guide,great thing about owners forums users spending so much of there time to help others :xking:

Surprises me that people trying to sell Integras don't replace these if required,really lets the cars down and seems to be the majority of cars for sale need some TLC to the drivers seat.

tico_87

Advanced Member
Thank god for this how to guide!! Sorted out my bolster quite easily with help from this thread. Thank you very much : D

MattDC5

Advanced Member
Used this guide again to refresh my memory when doing the bolsters on my 2nd teg, very helpful again.

To the NZ poster, im in Aus and got bolsters sent from Capital Seating, £180 all in for 4 bolsters.

Id like to add, the trickiest part is getting the recaro trim off the sides, very easy to break the thin plastic. But, a better way i found was going in from the back and levering up the plastic dowel bits. Very easy then.

Thanks again.

integraleo

Advanced Member
Over the last 10 years I've done 3 bolsters now. It's surprising how much loose foam you have to hoover up on a badly collapsed bolster.both my outer bolsters are good but one day will replace the inner bolsters that are just starting to get a little soft.

plugg

Advanced Member
I have done my 2 recaros in my dc2 and 1 in my dc5 and I have never taken the plastic recaro bit off

Lewis93

Advanced Member
Great thread but I have a question. How about replacing the door card material? I'm needing to do it on an EP civic but it's the same material and shape.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
madrab said:
yes mate i did read that bit, but i cant even get the big bit to sit nicely into the cover, so i havent got as far as to bend the thin bit, ill post up a pic tommorow of what i mean
I have literally just done my drivers side lower right bolster this week and had a similar issue, the upper (big main part of the bolster went in after a lot of attempts and messing about), but the longer thin bit at the back was another story. I was advised by Capital Seating that the back (thinner section may need a trim to fit and they were right) it was slightly too long and would not seat correctly so with a small amount of trimming off the end I finally got it in there. It did look a bit out of shape and place but this was soon rectified once I got the metal bars clipped in and I pulled it all tight.

This is a superb guide and I managed to do it using it but it wasn't fun tbh.

With regards to some ones comment about the amount of old foam you end up hovering up, I could not agree more it was all over the place and falling everywhere and was also over the parts of the seat so at the same time I decided to clean everything :)