I'm doing it!!! (Donington 28th April)

DP.

Advanced Member
I experienced the red mist at anglesey when there was a white uk spec teg behind me haha

Duncs

Red mist = lack of concentration, i found not concentrating resulted in being slower and untidy.
Bedford is a very forgiving track.
there are loads of airfield days around, normally for around £100, for the day, whilst they lack the track sensation all good for learning about you and the cars capabilities.
i aim to do a couple of these soon before commiting myself to somewhere like Cadwell.
also instruction can be very helpful,

dinx

Hmm, will have to keep an eye out for airfield days then.

I can see this becoming an extremely expensive hobby! We better hurry and get our track car!!

dinx

It's getting closer!!!!!!!!!!

*almost bursting with excitement*

8) 8) 8)

(anyone else booked on?)

jasonevans

Hi Dinx,

See ya there,, I'll be in a silver CTR ,, if you see me in the pits come and say Hi ! . My Friend in his Focus RS is comming as well.. should be good.. Donington is my Fav circuit ..esp crainer curves !
Roll on 23rd April :lol:

truffs

Ares at Bedford was stated 101dB, i beleive they lied and it was only 80dB. Poor old Mark secummbed to this and got black flagged. Mind you he nearly survived the whole day and his was LOUD :lol:

Sharpey

Advanced Member
Simon,

I got pulled last time at Donington 101db they said so as we have the same exhaust you may have a problem.
Hayward & Scot made me a bung for about £50 if you can't get one in time you can use mine as I will be leaving early, its a long way back to Cornwall.
The db gun is at the start of the pit straight so I think I will be lifting off around there just in case.

Glad you can make it.

Chris

dinx

Yay loads of peeps going....glad to see there will be a fellow CTR owner too :)

(Although not sure if lots of peeps is a good thing....just more people to laugh at my feeble first attempt on track :oops: :wink: )

ps2london

Advanced Member
if ur car is too loud, after u past the S Band, just drive slower, the nosie meter is there. that is the only one :D

T666YPR

All sorted for tomorrow 8)

Won't be wearing the new discs but will bring them along so Chris (and Jon if he can make it) can see how HEAVY ( :( ) they are.

With Goldtrack they ask to tape up the lights,not had to do this before.

Does masking tape come off ok?

Pics will look a bit scabby :cry:

Don't forget first briefing is 8.25am

I'm in group 1,not on track until 9.30am,means I can have a lazy and catch the later briefing :D

T666YPR

Thanks Franz,

Still to get a camcorder and mount,I need to work a little harder :lol:

First of the year tomorrow,with a lot of new mods,so I hope she holds on to the black stuff :xvtec:

Simon