iPhone 5 with double din

itrsarg

Advanced Member
Hi guys anyone got a double din that works with the iPhone 5 I know most will work through Bluetooth but I need one which will do it all ie: apps,sat nav,video.

Any help would be great.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Appradio 2 should work, although you would need to buy the additional cable for iphone 5. Have you had a look on appradioworld, or the avic411 forum, theres quite a bit of info there so you should find a pioneer double din that will do the job.

itrsarg

Advanced Member
Had a look at appradio 2 all that works is music even with adaptor leads, had a look on pioneer website today & not one double din unit is compatible with the iPhone 5 for video & sat nav. :(

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Yep Ian is correct, the new firmware was released recently specifically for the iPhone 5.

alan-lee

Advanced Member
For anyone looking to buy this that has an iphone 5 you must buy the lightning ac adaptor also which is £40-50 its on sale in halfords for £200 at the minute also!

Princey4

Advanced Member
or hold fire the new model is launching imminently which includes the I phone 5 cable :)<br /><br />

alan-lee

Advanced Member
Yeah but a new model will be £300+ <br /><br />This was a bargain in my eyes!

itrsarg

Advanced Member
The first Pioneer product to be compatible with iPhone 5 about time. Tried Appradio 2 yesterday with all the leads & new update & still didn't work very well, I'm going to wait for the new one :)

Princey4

Advanced Member
app radios with the new leads and firmware work spot on with iphone5, although the speed of the new machine is vastly improved<br />

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
DAAAAAAAAAAAMN lol......Might be selling time for mine then, lol.

*Edit

Looks like they are just re launching the same unit to get the iPhone 5 compatibility message out...

Cam

Advanced Member
Boing...^

Just wondering if this (SPH-DA110) can be used via Bluetooth alone or do you need the Lightning connector at any point?

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Its the Dashcommand app with a custom dash/skin, it does look very cool when its running, lots of guages bouncing around lol, nothing to be gained from it though really other than the diagnostic feature for troubleshooting engine light codes.

But it is interesting to see things like intake temps etc especially when changing induction kits, although only a fair comparison if everything is the same ie ambient temps etc...