iPhone 5 with double din

Rob-bob

Advanced Member
maxvr6 said:
Its the Dashcommand app with a custom dash/skin, it does look very cool when its running, lots of guages bouncing around lol, nothing to be gained from it though really other than the diagnostic feature for troubleshooting engine light codes.

But it is interesting to see things like intake temps etc especially when changing induction kits, although only a fair comparison if everything is the same ie ambient temps etc...
I've only got the basic audio app so far.

What ones are worth it? Especially gps.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Depends on whether you're phone is jailbroken or not and can use incompatible appas, in my opinion the best compatible navigation app is Waze, best incompatible is Copilot Live but that's £20 unless you know how to get it for free.

Depends what you want to do, Aupeo is good, it's a free music streaming app, Mixtrax is ok, Dascommand is good but expensive unless you can get it for free.

EC Touch is good for YouTube but you have to pay for the YouTube extension.

Aside from that there's not that much else, unless you jailbreak, then you can do anything you want, Netflix, Mail, messaging, anything you can do on your phone, you can do on the appradio, even better if you bypass the parking brake ;)

Rob-bob

Advanced Member
I don't spend that much time behind the wheel to need loads.

Jailbroke a phone once, never again.

I'll likely stick to what I've got and try the gps you recommended. What phone holder do you have?

I want a surround but not sure I can make a good one my self.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
I have the brodit mount like Porthos had above, but adjustable with a pass through connector so I don't have to mess about with the cable, I have it mounted on the centre console next to the handbrake. Expensive but one of the best quality mounts you can get.

Rob-bob

Advanced Member
Ah wow I really like that placement. Only issue is the Iphone 5 and all its leads n converters !

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Yeah not sure if Brodit has released a pass through connector for iPhone 5? I especially like this one as its adjustable incase you have a case/skin on your phone, all the others don't let you use them with a case/skin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxvr6

Advanced Member
BTW it's mounted using nothing but those sticky strips for number plates, double layer on the left to compensate for the curve in the console. It's stuck down real good, surprising how well it works if you prep the surface well, all can be uninstalled with no trace left behind. Only slight issue with mounting it like this is you can't pull the handbrake like you normally would, you have to grab it from the end but you get used to it in no time :)

carlos7777777

Advanced Member
tempted to get one of these, I have an iPhone 5 and was wondering what the SPH-DA100 is like compatibility wise?

I took a look on the pioneer website and it says Bluetooth is not compatible but on an eBay listing it says it would work, slightly confused with this mixed info...

Has anybody used the SPH-DA100 with the iPhone 5, if so whats it like?

Any info is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Carl.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
I would ignore what Pioneer says on the website, I'm sure it works fine once you update the firmware, you can find a vast amount of knowledge on Avic411.com maybe a little too much lol

carlos7777777

Advanced Member
still havnt bought one yet, torn between the SPH-DA100 and the pioneer avh-x3500dab.

I would really like DAB, plus the latter plays CD's, DVD's... But I prefer the look of the SPH with the full 7' screen...

ahh I don't know what to do lol...

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
carlos7777777 said:
still havnt bought one yet, torn between the SPH-DA100 and the pioneer avh-x3500dab.

I would really like DAB, plus the latter plays CD's, DVD's... But I prefer the look of the SPH with the full 7' screen...

ahh I don't know what to do lol...
Have got the 3500 DAB unit,dead plesed with it,great reception almost everywhere...I`m looking to use it with my ipod5,so will read up on it and let you know how I get on.

carlos7777777

Advanced Member
dc5-2ltr said:
Have got the 3500 DAB unit,dead plesed with it,great reception almost everywhere...I`m looking to use it with my ipod5,so will read up on it and let you know how I get on.
I ended up buying 1 online the other day for £300 with the antenna included, received it today. cant wait to get it fitted ;)

aree you going to get the cable needed so you can use apps with it? I think the cable is around £60 iirc. I havnt bought one but if they are decent enough I may do in the future.

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Have had unit fitted for about 3 months now, well impressed. Just got my ipod for Xmas so, yes I'll probably get the required leads after the start of the year so I can use it to the full

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Not sure if anyone is still looking at the appradio in conjunction with iPhone 5s but I got an upgrade to the iPhone 5s the other day so went about getting the required leads and firmware update, bought the apple lightning digital av adaptor and a 1m hdmi lead, got it all hooked up and it works just fine, maybe there is just a touch of lag now but otherwise seems to work just as well as it did before. My only bugbear is having to use the white apple lead, might just wrap it in black insulation tape so its less noticeable.

scottj15

Advanced Member
Slightly off-topic but does anyone know where the App Radio 3 is available from in the UK? Was put off getting the AppRadio 2 because it's got no CD player (call me old fashion I know). They've included one in the 3 but can't seem to find a UK supplier?

Failing that I was looking at the Pioneer AVH-X2500BT RDS. This one: http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-dvd-blu-ray/dvd-blu-ray-home-cinema/portable-dvd-players/pioneer-avh-x2500bt-rds-tuner-cd-player-black-with-red-green-blue-illumination-21488720-pdt.html

But am I right in thinking this is the predecessor to the 3500 DAB?