Ireland - Quinn Direct - 02 DC5

larz

Advanced Member
Rang 123.ie, they wont touch the teg
Rang NoNonsense.ie, they told me they wouldn't touch the teg. I told them they should change their name! :xfurious:

So rang Quinn who offered me the renewal for €1334.14 Third party only.

Asked them bout fully comp and they said fully comp with windscreen cover was €1400... I said "I'll take 1 please!"

hehe... not too shabby seeing as it's my first renewal on the teg and have budgetted for 1600 Third party only :D

Anyone in Ireland buying a teg or even thinking of it, change your insurance to Quinn now, and when time comes to switch your insurance to the DC5 it'll be a lot easier... No insurance company other than Quinn would touch me for under 3k third party only...

Nice one Quinn... :xvtec:

jay82

Advanced Member
larz said:
Rang NoNonsense.ie, they told me they wouldn't touch the teg. I told them they should change their name! :xfurious:

Asked them bout fully comp and they said fully comp with windscreen cover was €1400... I said "I'll take 1 please!"

hehe... not too shabby seeing as it's my first renewal on the teg and have budgetted for 1600 Third party only :D

Anyone in Ireland buying a teg or even thinking of it, change your insurance to Quinn now, and when time comes to switch your insurance to the DC5 it'll be a lot easier... No insurance company other than Quinn would touch me for under 3k third party only...

whats the excess with that quote :?:

dave kil

Advanced Member
larz said:

Strange as I just got my renewel from quinn.

3500 fully comp ](*,)
Time to call some brokers I think

darquinn2006

Advanced Member
[/quote]

Strange as I just got my renewel from quinn.

3500 fully comp ](*,)
Time to call some brokers I think[/quote]

Has that gone up much from last years quote mate???

Im with the at the min payin €1200 fully comp + windscreen cover, my renewal is up in july, hope it doesnt go much higher

dave kil

Advanced Member
I swap over from a 1.4 golf. Went up 1k with 9 months left on policy.

How did you get a quote with quinn originally?
I thinking I might get a policy on low cc car again and swap it over because as it stands I simply couldnt afford paying that.

Tried several brokers and companies today and heard every excuse under the sun.
"Can't quote you on that until you're 30"
"Don't insure imports"
"Car not on our system"

Waiting to hear back from chill.ie who are making a query with the car type as an accord R. I'm hoping that they can add a note/remark to the policy that the car is a DC5

Other than that, it's not looking good.

darquinn2006

Advanced Member
I was insured on an Altezza but got the dc5 with only 5days left on the policy, they just swapped it over for the 5 days then sent me out my new quote which was handy enough

I was having awful trouble even getting a quote off most companies even though i was 26 with 8 years no claims

I wonder will this years quote go up much with all the carry on with them now :xconfused:

dave kil

Advanced Member
If threads on other car forums are anything to go by I wouldn't be expecting it to go down anyway.

Really weighing up my options at the moment as I've got my RBC & Kpro lined up and ready for a remap come the middle of next month but if I can't get cheaper insurance then I can't afford to keep the car on the road and may have to sell.

Would lose alot of money if I sold it so also considering keeping it off the road for the year and continue working on it

wilko2010

Advanced Member
Renewal 3500 what were you paying last year im with quinn they gave me insurance for 780 on the R 2 months ago!

darquinn2006

Advanced Member
wilko2010 said:
Renewal 3500 what were you paying last year im with quinn they gave me insurance for 780 on the R 2 months ago!
Mine is up in july hope i get a price like that

Payin €1200 this year

Did yours drop much this year???

wilko2010

Advanced Member
Before i got the Dc5, had a 1600 vauxhall Astra was paying 450 euro on that less than a month into my insurance on the Astra i changed over to the 5 for a extra cost of 330 euro 27, 6 years no claims and full licence for 2 years.

darquinn2006

Advanced Member
Thats crazy man im 27 have 9years no claims and a full licence the last 6 years
and still paying more than you :lol:

Wonder is it the different area???

wilko2010

Advanced Member
darquinn2006 said:
wilko2010 said:

Payin €1200 this year

how ya get on with your renewal,mine up next month dreading it

wilko2010

Advanced Member
wilko2010 said:
darquinn2006 said:
wilko2010 said:

Payin €1200 this year

just to update this just checked my quinn direct online portfolio and my renewal is €897 not too bad considering it was €780 last year.

larz

Advanced Member
Mine's up in March :s not looking forward to it... It's €1400 this year...

simon-

I'm insured with Quinn direct on my 2002 Dc5 type R. I'm 33 next month with 12 years no claims bonus. My premium last July was €1283. I think this is excessive but just goes to show Quinn up. They really know how to milk it!

alfa27

Advanced Member
simon- said:
I'm insured with Quinn direct on my 2002 Dc5 type R. I'm 33 next month with 12 years no claims bonus. My premium last July was €1283. I think this is excessive but just goes to show Quinn up. They really know how to milk it!
go to axa and save yourself 200 odd quid

gregb

Advanced Member
simon- said:
Similar age and near same ncb as myself and mine was just shy of E1K with One Direct/Hibernian near end of last year.

darquinn2006

Advanced Member
wilko2010 said:
darquinn2006 said:
wilko2010 said:

Payin €1200 this year

when they sent me out my renewal last year they hiked it up from €1200 to €1800 even though i;d no claims or anything, in the end i moved to a brokers called Arachas and they insured me through Allianz for €1080 fully comp

Quinn Direct just pull figures out of there head when they are giving quotes :xmad:

larz

Advanced Member
renewal just in the door... €1486.03 ... gone up by 90 odd quid... not too bad i suppose... gonna do some shopping around though... see if i can do better....