Is my car priced correctly?

p1tse

Advanced Member
With what's out there and recent sales, I would say it's about right

I've seen higher mileage go for more!

As above first thing is presentstion, those photos don't do it justice. I'm never keen on car adverts with car shampoo on the floor.

I've seen and sat in this car and the advert needs to be worked more. I would even suggest refer it to the previous owner and try and grab some history from it for context that this is an enthusiast example

I have white oem wheels in the garage. It being used, if you wanted to swap to go back to standard ;)

Rob_94

Try sticking it on Autotrader mate. I know its a ripoff but the fact is its a MUCH bigger website with many more visitors than Pistonheads, so the chance of you finding a potential buyer is a lot higher. Ebay is a big website too but you tend to get a lot of dreamers looking for a bargain. All the cars I've sold in the past have gone in a couple of days on Autotrader.

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
Rob_94 said:
Try sticking it on Autotrader mate. I know its a ripoff but the fact is its a MUCH bigger website with many more visitors than Pistonheads, so the chance of you finding a potential buyer is a lot higher. Ebay is a big website too but you tend to get a lot of dreamers looking for a bargain. All the cars I've sold in the past have gone in a couple of days on Autotrader.
Yeah not a bad shout mate 👍🏻

Midnight

Advanced Member
If you wanted to put the car back to OEM I'd take the wheels off you (you having our OEM wheels) and cash your way!

Although not sure the wheels prevents your car from selling. Neither the gearbox for that matter. Just the audience you're currently promoting too.

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
Midnight said:
If you wanted to put the car back to OEM I'd take the wheels off you (you having our OEM wheels) and cash your way!

Although not sure the wheels prevents your car from selling. Neither the gearbox for that matter. Just the audience you're currently promoting too.
The wheels are so close to standard anyway you'd have to be quite in the know anyway
It's gotta be the mileage and the fact most people on here already own a dc5 😂😂😂

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
The other issue is that there appears to be a lot more DC5's for sale now than 2-3 months ago.

Mine's only on 71k, if it doesn't sell quickly I am tempted to store it in the garage for a few years and see what happens with values.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Spring is around the best time to sell a car anyway, everyone is saving up for Christmas etc. Give it time, the right buyer will come. Mileage isn't really relevant to these cars anymore, I would always buy on condition than mileage and knowing it's been serviced.

I bought mine at 69K and that was a bit high for me, I wish I would of bought one at around 50K so I could have more use out of it before the value plummets at 100K.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Rom

Advanced Member
I don't know why everyone gets caught up on mileage tbh.
It's a Honda, there are many around over 100k, going strong. Almost all will have had the wear and tear stuff changed, as almost all are modded.

People seem to want to over pay, just to have 'low mileage'. When the cars not actually any 'better'. Obviously they recoup this extra outlay when they sell it, as it's still lower mileage.

I bought a car a month or so ago, with 212k miles on it. Oh noes.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Rom said:
I don't know why everyone gets caught up on mileage tbh.
It's a Honda, there are many around over 100k, going strong. Almost all will have had the wear and tear stuff changed, as almost all are modded.

People seem to want to over pay, just to have 'low mileage'. When the cars not actually any 'better'. Obviously they recoup this extra outlay when they sell it, as it's still lower mileage.

I bought a car a month or so ago, with 212k miles on it. Oh noes.

People get hung up on it because it represents the value of the car and the general wear and tear. High mileage cars everything is going to be more worn, engine, bushes and interior. As soon as cars hit 100K the value will plummet, I don't think it's fair as 100K on modern engines is nothing compared to 40/50 years back where 110K was the recommended rebuild mileage for an engine. A 30'000 milage car against 100'000 will usually always be of better condition.

Rom

Advanced Member
That may be fair to assume of average cars. In this kind of market, many higher mileage ones are better than low mileage.
Low mileage can also mean it hasn't had the usual items changed, as they haven't worn out yet.

I get the theory, but as someone who's been in the motortrade for 15+ years. Mileage is over rated.
Condition and usage are more important.
Got a 2 year old Disco 4 in at work, second service, 13k on the clock. Needs front arm bushes, steering rack, track rod end, rear wheel bearing, suspension sensor loom repair. All warranty, and not because they junk. Lives a hard life, I'd take a 100k motorway muncher over that one every day.
Clean it up, sell it on, with 20k on it. Everyone will fall over themselves for it. What a deal.

With Tegs, people seem to ignore the fact they are imported. And most have little to no service history, or idea of use. You could be buying a 20k mile track toy, that's been abused, and rarely serviced. Or a 100k pride and joy, service every 3k. Not to mention how many you don't have Bitma certificates. Or claim to have only just been converted to mph, despite being in the UK for years. Or claim it's a mix of km and miles.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Lower milage will always fetch higher premiums though, it's mainly for peace of mind. You could have a one owner car that's done 100K, it's been serviced every 10K, warmed up properly etc. Then you could have a car that's done 20k, hasnt even had a service yet and has been ragged by someone who doesnt have a clue how to look after an engine. It's just how used car selling works though unfortuneately. I bought my Integra on 69K with no documentation about the car's history, I hadn't even known if the car had a single service bar Torque GT. Just the risks you take, I bought mine because it was such a well looked after car as it was very nearly unblemished. This backed up with after doing a HPI the original owner had only done 2K miles a year until someone in Japan bought it, owned it for 5 years and clocked 50K then I bought it.

I have now documented every part changed, every service with the milage and product I used so that the next owner can have confidence I have looked after it and it hasn't been neglated for that part of the cars life. I keep telling myself that I will sell before 100K so I don't lose too much money however cars aren't made to sit in garages (bar the awful salty road time).

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
^^^^this^^^^

Just to add too, my last car with 95k miles on it was a dream to work on, as everything had been changed since new. My newer 55k car is dreadful, as most stuff hasn't quite worn out to be needing replacement, so now basically a b4stard to get off.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Teggs

All good replies and I think I'd probably echo most of the previous sentiments, having been an owner now for a few years, your car looks really tidy I'd have thought it was probably a bit under priced. Mine is about 60K lower but not as neat as yours.

Despite all I know about the cars, there is still a completely irrational element in me that, if I was now buying, I would be looking for a standard as possible example. Maybe its a hangover from too much 'Max Power and Barry boys'!

Also, again completely irrational with these cars, the 100K milage seems to be a big psychological hurdle for most people.

Hopefully you are not in a position where you need to sell quickly, the market for integra's is probably about as rare as the cars, most people have no idea what it even is - 'Nice car, is that an NSX?'

'errm, no mate' Ha ha, probably would have been less of a face palm if they didn't have a Honda parked on their drive. CRV admittedly.

Keep your powder dry and if you can hold out you should get someone willing to pay a proper price for her.

Pics of the arches and under the car generally might help. Obviously that's more of a concern with higher mileage if a lot of that has been done in the Uk.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Fwiw I'd have it in a heartbeat if I had the wedge. Mileage doesn't put me off one bit. It was looked after well by Adam and it's been as well looked after by you. I also disagree with some of the comments regarding mods and OEM. Although I like them as OEM, ultimately one will always put mods on a car such as this and I like the mods this has personally.

jown

Advanced Member
nails said:
Having just sold mine, and the fact it sold so quickly, it really is down to mileage. Mine was on 56k, and I got loads of calls in the 4 days it was for sale. I wouldn't buy a high mileage one and I am not the only one. You just need to be patient and wait for the right buyer in my opinion.
Was it 56k on the clock or was it converted when it arrived in the country?

I bought mine on 85k miles... but the car garage showed me the receipt when it was converted with the exact KM... then sold me anything on top of that would be in miles so basically just convert the old figure from KM to Miles then add it together.

Anyone else do that?

Whats annoying is.. on MOT slips it reads a higher number due to this

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
Nah mine is 158k and still for sale 😂

Only had one text so far asking what's the lowest I'd take for it
I don't think he liked the answer cause he never text back 🙄
I'm sure he must have expected me to say yeah mate £3k and it's yours 😂😂😂

jown

Advanced Member
Dazaturbo said:
Nah mine is 158k and still for sale

Only had one text so far asking what's the lowest I'd take for it
I don't think he liked the answer cause he never text back
I'm sure he must have expected me to say yeah mate £3k and it's yours
Its annoying because it could have arrived with 100k KM converted then the 58k would me miles

I love it... I see you want 8k for your DC5.. will you take 3k and a Corsa C SRI

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
jown said:
Its annoying because it could have arrived with 100k KM converted then the 58k would me miles

I love it... I see you want 8k for your DC5.. will you take 3k and a Corsa C SRI
Mine is currently up for £7250 Ono and I'm not after p/x mate sorry