Is my car priced correctly?

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
I've just sold mine so I thought I'd share my experience and what interest I got.

71k, white, Y reg 2001, near OEM, part service history and no rust. Listed initially for £8200 then dropped to £7950.

Had one lad contact me about it within a few hours, he viewed it, wanted it and then after about 50 million questions he changed his mind.

A trader offered £7100 or something and someone else £6500. Then I had someone interested on Facebook but said he'd only pay £7500 - again without viewing.

Had an email via PH last weekend, asked for some pics of the arches etc. Few questions, he came this morning and we agreed on £7800.
I had noticed you had sold yours Chris congratulations 👍🏻

I have had a few lowball offers even after I put no offers on the ad 🙄

I think I have decided to go with something boring (when this sells 😂) for a few years I‘ve set myself a target of getting my mortgage paid off by the time I‘m 40 😂

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
No worries. From the questions I had, it seems buyers want a near standard car.
Yeah I wouldn‘t consider my car to have a lot of mods and the ones it does have doesn‘t detract from what a dc5 is/should be about

The lsd in mine is genuinely astonishing and I think the car having that in the box is a very attractive attribute, it was to me anyway 😂😂

kingcobwidley

Advanced Member
Ive had mine up on gumtree the last 2 weeks and just get a message saying "7000" every few days lol only 3k off! Luckily im happy to keep to the spring unless i get close to asking price but appreciate not everyone in that position

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
dc5mnw said:
Ive had mine up on gumtree the last 2 weeks and just get a message saying "7000" every few days lol only 3k off! Luckily im happy to keep to the spring unless i get close to asking price but appreciate not everyone in that position
I‘m really avoiding gumtree for this reason 😂

Yeah I‘m in no rush to sell the car and will not be budged in the price
I know what I paid for it and I have had a hell of a lot of messages why it‘s so cheap so I‘m prepared to wait for the right buyer

I think the first person to come and view the car will buy it it‘s in cracking condition for a car of this age/ mileage

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Dazaturbo said:
I‘m really avoiding gumtree for this reason 😂

Yeah I‘m in no rush to sell the car and will not be budged in the price
I know what I paid for it and I have had a hell of a lot of messages why it‘s so cheap so I‘m prepared to wait for the right buyer

I think the first person to come and view the car will buy it it‘s in cracking condition for a car of this age/ mileage
Good shout on avoiding Scumtree. Really does seem to attract degenerates broadly speaking, of course.

Really hope you get yours sold soon I can't believe it hasn't.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Some absolute whoppers on some of these for sale sites. Drive you mad, feel like saying "Just FU#K OFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!"

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
Good shout on avoiding Scumtree. Really does seem to attract degenerates broadly speaking, of course.

Really hope you get yours sold soon I can't believe it hasn't.
Me neither to be honest but I suppose some people are put off by the mileage not that anyone should be with a k20 that‘s been looked after but it‘s important to some people

Gaz700

While this is on the go...
Mines is
2001 51reg 168k on the clock imported this year so I'd say majority kms
Since buying standard I have
Undersealed
Rear light gaskets
Full polybush
Meister R crd+
Hardrace rear camber arms
Eibach camber bolts up front
Hardrace balljoints
Oem Honda track rod ends
Tegeiwa rack raiser
Shg rack slider
Hardrace engine mounts
New headlight ballasts and phillips 5.5k bulbs,led sides,reg bulbs
Team dynamics 1.2 gloss black new Michelin ps4 tyres) standard wheels there in white with good tread but crap tyres
Yellowstuff front pads
Skunk2 gearknob black
Skunk2 throttle body gasket

Full service Inc plugs,gearbox oil,powersteering fluid ect(all gen Honda)

It's champ white,clean seats,no rust but bodywork does have some marks as expected on 16yr old car

Engine/exhaust is standard basically just had a full suspension refresh

Any idea on what to value it at?

Gaz700

Dazaturbo said:
Me neither to be honest but I suppose some people are put off by the mileage not that anyone should be with a k20 that‘s been looked after but it‘s important to some people
If I didn't have mine id of had yours in a heartbeat! That gearbox should sell it itself!