Japfest 2017 - Silverstone (30th April 2017 - OFFICIAL BOOKING/Chit Chat thread.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
kazmo said:
totally agree, its a DC5 stand... it's the 2nd biggest single make stand behind the MLR, doubt you will ever see subaru's or datsun's on their stand... im surprised people are even asking lol will just look like HJC otherwise..
Its a tough one really. Because at the end of the day its a car show/meet, it should be more about meeting like minded enthusists. That part of me thinks its abit shit to be turning people away or saying no you cant come on the stand etc and last thing we want is a tense hostile situation, or the feeling that we, as a forum, we're being snobby.

However looking at it objectively, we will have stand banners up and a card saying ITR-DC5 and I just think we would look abit silly and perhaps foolish with a Scooby on the stand, when the banners are up. Especially when some people miatake our cars for them lol.

That said though we have an FD2 on the stand at Mimms which I don't mind one jot as its at least another red "H". Glad you agree 👍

kazmo

Advanced Member
every club/forum is snobby, how many hondas do you see on subaru stands at shows? cant think ive ever seen any...
otherwise these events might just as well be a free for all car park ha

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
kazmo said:
every club/forum is snobby, how many hondas do you see on subaru stands at shows? cant think ive ever seen any...
otherwise these events might just as well be a free for all car park ha
Tbh this forums not bad at all. Theres only a few idiots haha.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Chewy

Advanced Member
I'm just echoing Kazmo here.

It's the ITR-DC5 forum/stand at an organized show and i'd just leave it at that to be honest.

If it was a generic meet and greet, the more the merrier, I love all types of cars and it's always great to see something different, meet like minded enthusiasts, as Chris says.

But yeah, Just my opinion.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
Same as I said to Kamal earlier on the thread. Think it would look silly with our ITR DC5 banners tbh. But off anyone else wants to chime in with an opposition then feel free.
I currently have those 'banners' so will pass them over to someone on the day as I will be on another stand. 😳😬🤔

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
WJ51FUT (Gok) said:
I currently have those 'banners' so will pass them over to someone on the day as I will be on another stand. 😳😬🤔
Hey mate

Think Simon (CS Evo) is posting me some up! But ill keep you updated. Thanks man.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

wj51fut

Advanced Member
I too agree that this should be kept as a DC5 stand (that is why I haven't asked)

I had this argument in the past with current and past members. I know I wasn't organising the stand but I felt my feelings and others should be heard. I don't think it's being snobby at all. The ITR-DC5 forum is just that, for DC5's.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
WJ51FUT (Gok) said:
I too agree that this should be kept as a DC5 stand (that is why I haven't asked)

I had this argument in the past with current and past members. I know I wasn't organising the stand but I felt my feelings and others should be heard. I don't think it's being snobby at all. The ITR-DC5 forum is just that, for DC5's.
More than welcome for you to voice your opinion! Glad its shared mate. I do agree but just wanted others input on the matter. Thanks alot mate!

SmudgerByName

Advanced Member
Right feel like I could put my 2 pence in here....

As some of you may know the DC5 is my first venture into a Jap car having spent quite literally my entire car life around Fords. This argument about various cars on stand came up year after year at what is the equivalent of JAE, Ford Fair. A Ford ONLY show with the main marques and owners club (RSOC, STOC etc) getting prime positioning at the centre of the show with all the other car forums and facebook based clubs scattered round the site.

I was a member of 2 large forums from my times with Fords. ZSOC and Passionford. PassionFord was the Forum that I always attended this show with and the variety of cars on this stand was amazing. All sorts of Fords from Classics (like my old Cosworth) to brand new Focus RS and ST. ZSOC was like a family, smaller stand with close friends and for years only had Fiestas on. However, a few years ago a couple of members decided that they didn't want to bring their fiestas (moved on to bigger cars, newer cars or they just didn't work) then year after that, because there was some track time booked some E46 M3s turned up followed by a couple of Lotus Exige. Due to the fact they had passes and tickets not only were they allowed on site and into the show but also found their way onto stand. The organisers made note of this and the following year a memo went out stating that NON Ford's were not welcome to the show (even on trade stands) and would be turned away. Fast forward a year and yet again there was a variety of Non Fords scattered around not only the trade areas but also the club stands and on track. The same complaints were made but the show organisers stood by their stance of Non Fords were not welcome. Next year all the tickets were then issued with Vehicle Details and Numberplates so that passes/tickets couldn't be swapped between vehicles.

The issue with the show itself isn't the organisers themselves but the staff for the show on the gate who are getting minimum pay to stand round and point in the same direction for hours on end to direct traffic. There was no interest from the staff themselves. What is the point I was getting at?? Yes it'll be a Jap only show and yes we will be there as part of the ITR-DC5 Forum but the variety on the stand isn't always an issue. Might be more so if it was someone trying to sneak in a VW Golf on Air or something. The last Ford Fair I went to that was run by Kelsey Media I swore I wouldn't attend another show organised by them. But I am still to go to a show as part of this forum and I appreciate that forums seems to be a dying breed but I will try to attend this one as part of ITRDC5.

TL:DR - I can't make my mind up with this one lol I understand and respect the Forum need for keeping the stand for ITRDC5 only... But have been guilty myself of bringing something else to the stand at times...

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
SmudgerByName said:
Right feel like I could put my 2 pence in here....

As some of you may know the DC5 is my first venture into a Jap car having spent quite literally my entire car life around Fords. This argument about various cars on stand came up year after year at what is the equivalent of JAE, Ford Fair. A Ford ONLY show with the main marques and owners club (RSOC, STOC etc) getting prime positioning at the centre of the show with all the other car forums and facebook based clubs scattered round the site.

I was a member of 2 large forums from my times with Fords. ZSOC and Passionford. PassionFord was the Forum that I always attended this show with and the variety of cars on this stand was amazing. All sorts of Fords from Classics (like my old Cosworth) to brand new Focus RS and ST. ZSOC was like a family, smaller stand with close friends and for years only had Fiestas on. However, a few years ago a couple of members decided that they didn't want to bring their fiestas (moved on to bigger cars, newer cars or they just didn't work) then year after that, because there was some track time booked some E46 M3s turned up followed by a couple of Lotus Exige. Due to the fact they had passes and tickets not only were they allowed on site and into the show but also found their way onto stand. The organisers made note of this and the following year a memo went out stating that NON Ford's were not welcome to the show (even on trade stands) and would be turned away. Fast forward a year and yet again there was a variety of Non Fords scattered around not only the trade areas but also the club stands and on track. The same complaints were made but the show organisers stood by their stance of Non Fords were not welcome. Next year all the tickets were then issued with Vehicle Details and Numberplates so that passes/tickets couldn't be swapped between vehicles.

The issue with the show itself isn't the organisers themselves but the staff for the show on the gate who are getting minimum pay to stand round and point in the same direction for hours on end to direct traffic. There was no interest from the staff themselves. What is the point I was getting at?? Yes it'll be a Jap only show and yes we will be there as part of the ITR-DC5 Forum but the variety on the stand isn't always an issue. Might be more so if it was someone trying to sneak in a VW Golf on Air or something. The last Ford Fair I went to that was run by Kelsey Media I swore I wouldn't attend another show organised by them. But I am still to go to a show as part of this forum and I appreciate that forums seems to be a dying breed but I will try to attend this one as part of ITRDC5.

TL:DR - I can't make my mind up with this one lol I understand and respect the Forum need for keeping the stand for ITRDC5 only... But have been guilty myself of bringing something else to the stand at times...
Some what a bit of a tangent there haha. But fully appreciate your view and that you've posted it! I do also appreciate that view that it "isn't always a problem" and if a VW on Air came near the stand. I would persobally Molotov it myself 😂😂.

For me what it boiled down to is keeping people happy! And based on the general feedback above. It seems to be pretty one sided lol. I do however stand by my opinion that other Manufacturers would look silly on the stand and have always found it odd when walking round. Thanks alot for sharing your thoughts mate. Appreciated.

Rogue Status

Reason I've booked on to this club stand and not my local jap car club stand is to be part of an exclusively DC5 stand. My friend runs Japlife car club and I'm pretty sure he will have any jap car on his stand no problem if that helps anyone out?

Kev.W

Advanced Member
I'm with the majority and feel that this is an owners forum/club for ITR-DC5's and at a car show I wouldn't expect to see anything else on the stand...

Also with me taking both Keith and Lola this year, I didn't bother asking to have Lola on the stand as one she's not an Integra nor is she a Type R. I am a member to many jap forums/clubs and I've gone and booked Lola on a Jap stand that's open to a variety of Honda's.

The main point to my view is sign up to a forum/club that associates with your car and get to know some people you can relate too through your choice in car! Don't be afraid of meeting new folk...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SmudgerByName

Advanced Member
I wasn't planning on attending this show due to last year I went to Ford Fair (recently taken over by Kelsey) and it was ruined. Overpriced and Underwhelmed. But seeing as I haven't been to this one yet I'll make the trip to show my face...

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
It would be much easier if you could all copy and paste the list once youve booked on please!

1. Chrismartin
2. Chewy
3. George657
4. Kev.W
5. LukeyBoi1959
6.Jinisdust
7. Richie200
8. Mikey Moore91
9. Dave7268
10.Masterjedijay
11.Rogue Status
12.SmudgerByName

TyperItr

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
if a VW on Air came near the stand. I would persobally Molotov it myself .
You are not the only one.
Anything on bags should be bulldozed off a cliff. F*** bags!!!
That is all I have to say about that.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
TyperItr said:
You are not the only one.
Anything on bags should be bulldozed off a cliff. F*** bags!!!
That is all I have to say about that.
That made me chuckle mate! Each to their own and that. But it doesn't make sense in my head 😂

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
SmudgerByName said:
http://www.speedhunters.com/2016/12/life-on-air-cody-miles-championship-winning-sti/

This ^ is the only time I actually think Airride works. Love the idea of a performance set-up on the DC
Very true. Air in itsself isn't the "issue". Its the generic application of it for "form" over function. In car modifying its great that there is diversity, but its when people buy a performance car and air it out (not for performance reasons, but for looking "cool" at a show) is where im out. : )