Japfest 2017 - Silverstone (30th April 2017 - OFFICIAL BOOKING/Chit Chat thread.

SmudgerByName

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
Very true. Air in itsself isn't the "issue". Its the generic application of it for "form" over function. Car modifying is great that there has diversity but its when people buy a performance car and air it out (not for performance reasons, but for looking "cool" at a show) is where im out. : )
I couldn't agree more. All these GTRs kitted on cheap airkits and dropped just doesn't make sense at all.

J-dawg

I'm hopefully picking up my teg in a few weeks. Am I able to put my name down now so I don't miss out? I also don't know the plate yet haha....

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Pacifica said:
I'm hopefully picking up my teg in a few weeks. Am I able to put my name down now so I don't miss out? I also don't know the plate yet haha....
More than welcome mate! You'll have to make sure you have the reg plate before the booking deadline towards the end of March though fella!

J-dawg

Chrismartin said:
More than welcome mate! You'll have to make sure you have the reg plate before the booking deadline towards the end of March though fella!

I just booked :D :D

1. Chrismartin
2. Chewy
3. George657
4. Kev.W
5. LukeyBoi1959
6.Jinisdust
7. Richie200
8. Mikey Moore91
9. Dave7268
10.Masterjedijay
11.Rogue Status
12.SmudgerByName
13. ChanHongHong88

J-dawg

Awesome! Can I pay now to secure a place? Sorry I'm like a kid at xmas at the moment buying everything in sight for a car I've only seen a few pictures of. Need to get booking some shows!

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Pacifica said:
Awesome! Can I pay now to secure a place? Sorry I'm like a kid at xmas at the moment buying everything in sight for a car I've only seen a few pictures of. Need to get booking some shows!
No unfortunately you can't because you need to provide a Registration plate when booking the tickets through the Japfest website. Annoying I know.

k!ng

Advanced Member
Booked :D :D

1. Chrismartin
2. Chewy
3. George657
4. Kev.W
5. LukeyBoi1959
6. Jinisdust
7. Richie200
8. Mikey Moore91
9. Dave7268
10. Masterjedijay
11. Rogue Status
12. SmudgerByName
13. ChanHongHong88
14. HondaFunction

SmudgerByName

Advanced Member
been on track at shows like this before and it is literally a free for all. Last one ended up with a Mk7 Fiesta ST getting T Boned by a Focus RS Track Car

k!ng

Advanced Member
Only japanese cars on track so hopefully standards will be higher than other mixed trackdays.
I'm doing the 16:00 session £35 for 30 mins of Silverstone seems good value to me. And later in the day a lot of people have left and a lot of the idiots have used up their aggression so fingers crossed should be a good session!

HondaFunction said:
Only japanese cars on track so hopefully standards will be higher than other mixed trackdays.
I'm doing the 16:00 session £35 for 30 mins of Silverstone seems good value to me. And later in the day a lot of people have left and a lot of the idiots have used up their aggression so fingers crossed should be a good session!
I remembered when I went during the Castle Combe days there was always this HATEFUL Vauxhall Astra on track and it was always trying to pick a fight with an EVO or STi. Honestly if it is not a Jap car it should not be allowed on track during the show.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
ChanHongHong88 said:
I remembered when I went during the Castle Combe days there was always this HATEFUL Vauxhall Astra on track and it was always trying to pick a fight with an EVO or STi. Honestly if it is not a Jap car it should not be allowed on track during the show.
Haha tbf there's toss pots in every walk of life let alone Vauhall owners 😂😂

Don't thibk anyone can guarantee that an all Jap show will have safe track time haha.