J's Racing Oil Smoother - FD2 improved BHP and Torque

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
well the millers has had mixed results too, not all good, with many cars making no power, my opinion of the smoother is that it reduced the noise of the s2000 noticably and the off throttle coast has improved and it is still better now (several months on) would i use it again ? Yes, as it is almost the same price as the millers stuff and it seems to work with no long term negatives (so far anyway) the balls are so small and literally there is no more than a desert spoon of them in the bottle, i cant see how it can affect the engine in any way, the oil ends up with more carbon deposits in it than the oil smoother molecules which are smaller than the carbon too.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Little bit more from J's USA,

Note they state this is NOT an engine additive.

http://www.j-sracingusa.com/jsusa/index.asp?xMODE=SHOP&xSW=3&xNO=OLS-01G-JS

"J‘s Racing started the testing of this product last year and the feedbacks from the customers have been very positive. We also tested it on our race cars and demo cars for extensive track runs. There was not any negative impact on oil temperature, water temperature, and oil pressure. This product is recommended to any engine and to any driving situation."

Mark_teg

Staff member
PORTHOS said:
Little bit more from J's USA,

Note they state this is NOT an engine additive.

http://www.j-sracingusa.com/jsusa/index.asp?xMODE=SHOP&xSW=3&xNO=OLS-01G-JS

J‘s Racing started the testing of this product last year and the feedbacks from the customers have been very positive. We also tested it on our race cars and demo cars for extensive track runs. There was not any negative impact on oil temperature, water temperature, and oil pressure. This product is recommended to any engine and to any driving situation.
Why is it not an additive?
You add it to the engine oil!. In my book, thats an engine oil additive. I dont see how they can say any different.

Edited for correction ;)

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Could be they are choosing not to label it an additive because of all this PTFE Controversay, which was proved not to work. It's not the same chemicals at work so they are avoiding the label 'additive'? Would make sense.

The same way wax is labelled different from a sealant because one is synthetic (like PTFE is)?

To me a wax is a wax synthetic or not, but to some it's a completely different product because it's synthetic. Same thing could be going on here, PTFE is purely synthetic, TiO2 on the other hand is more natural.

*Edit

Going back to this:
http://www.emeraldinsight.com/journals.htm?articleid=1953677&show=pdf

They call it an additive so again it's like the sealant/wax argument, J's must be trying to avoid association with PTFE additives which it does closely resemble in look (white powder) but not in chemical makeup.

Or it's engrish.... Ha ha. The spec sheet was a funny read! Frustrated I can't find it though.

lujamil

Advanced Member
Reading this thread only one thing came to mind... R&D. Something we don't do much and the Japanese do a lot of. Hence the reason why we are years behind them.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
ujamil said:
Reading this thread only one thing came to mind... R&D. Something we don't do much and the Japanese do a lot of. Hence the reason why we are years behind them.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
eXceed said:
When this arrives, I will drink it to prove that it is safe for our engines' consumption.
Lol, we were laughing about this with them, because it's basically the same as they put in smarties (the white shell) TiO2 is totally edible, although they didn't recommend eating the oil smoother, ha ha.

Titanium is used in a lot of joint replacements, because the body's immune system doesn't reject it.
I'm allergic to some metals, they give me a rash, so I have a titanium ring on my finger.