Juddering Problem - Sorted :)

raz786

Advanced Member
Re: Juddering/clutch problem?? Please Help!

Hopefully gonna have my car checked over and engine mounts changed today. Will let you know of the outcome mate. I've changed the plugs, and am also gonna open the throttle body and give it a good clean.

oregato

Advanced Member
Sorted.

Well, what a day, what a relief.

So after my call of help during the week, a very kind darquinn off the forum here arranged to meet up with me so that I could compare my car to another dc5.

Met up with him this morning, top bloke - very sound and dead on. His milano red dc5 was something else as well, such an awesome colour. Anyway.

So we took a spin in mine, I told him what the car was doing and he confirmed that it was a little weird, he drove mine after I drove and demonstrated the problem and he said it was fine.

Went and took his for a spin and the same thing was happening. Basically, in all of my paronia etc, it turns out that its actually quite normal behaviour what the car is doing, I think my description of it being 'hesistant or kangarooy' weren't the best words to describe it, but basically, in trying to exagerate the problem, i was stomping my foot on the accelerator, which obviously, would cause this sort of movement from the car. I did exactly the same in Darrens car and it was the exact same. The only difference between the two was my clutch was slightly heavier, but that was it.

I guess I suffer from mechanical paronia.. lol, I used to always have this, where I'd end up hearing a knock or a noise and I'd be forever trying to diagnose it. I guess this happened with the Integra. The hesitancy in the mornings, I think is down to my brain playing a few games on me and I think the engine mounts being stiffer is just giving the car a different feel to what it used to be.

Also, the car has been thoroughly checked over by both the Tuning Factory and my own personal mechanic who both have said that the car is fine.

I guess I was just being an idiot lol so just want to say a big thank you to VT Doo and Raz, I hope you get your issues sorted, if you need any help or have any questions, let us know and we'll all try and help you.

Thanks again lads.

Will

wantadc5

Advanced Member
:lol: :lol: you noggin!!!

=D> kudos for the forum member helping you out....

now just enjoy driving the car mate :)

darquinn2006

Advanced Member
Hey all

As Oregato said in his post i met him on Saturday morning and had a drive in his car i couldnt see anything wrong with it and when he drove mine it was the same as his one!

The car is spot on i think the only problem is " a very heavy right foot" when pressing the pedal :lol: