*Looky, looky at my new *-Geometry/tracking settings

User

Advanced Member
Either they ran out of adjustment and just did their best, or - they completely f'd up and made your car drive sideways.

Try Paul @ System - R for the settings.

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
OK, TBH I am cheeky, but not cheeky enought to ring someone and ask for their settings when I've never even been there :)

mikegsi

Staff member
bit of speel, tell em your at the other end of the country, tell em how highly reccommended they come, then just ask, he'll either say yes or no, not gonna hurt you!

User

Advanced Member
Paul posts here anyway.

His user name is TDI or TDI North I think.

Try PM him?

Personally I'd call and ask even if i'd not been a customer - the worst that can happen is that he politely says no. He's not going to be arsy about it.

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
bit of speel, tell em your at the other end of the country, tell em how highly reccommended they come, then just ask, he'll either say yes or no, not gonna hurt you!
You could ask him when you call about the K-pro :wink:

Evs

Advanced Member
SCOTTIECTR said:
No idea, they said things were out and they adjusted them?
So are the settings you posted above where they started, or where they finished? I'd assumed the settings you posted were what they finished with, and you have three-quarters of a degree more camber on one side than the rear. I don't understand why anyone would deliberately do this for a road car, which leads me to conclude that they ran out of adjustment. So, imho, if you want to get this right, then you need adjusters.

Paul's username on here is 'RPM'. Obviously you can ask him if you like and I doubt he would get arsey with you, he's just not that sort of bloke IME, but then if you're going to get him to do other work for you then why not just get him to do that as well? It's not like his charges are expensive... I personally wouldn't be messing about, just take it up there and get it all sorted at once. :idea:

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
Evs,

the figs are after adjustment, I am to the point where the tyres are barely legal and I'm booked into Protyre for Friday lunch.

Also I'm not planning on having any work done there, eventually I may go for the K1oo or K-pro from Paul but that'll be a good 6 months off.

Scott

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
Right, final answer, but before I do, I posting a forum firend...

..shall I take Dobbers std figures to Protyre?

then if they try to adjust rear and can't they should tell me?

Wootty

Advanced Member
SCOTTIECTR said:
It's for £64000 by the way :lol:
If i was you - i'd take the £32000 and do a runner :lol:

Whatever the settings (i'd take dobbers) just make sure they meet them - if they can't then make sure they tell you why and before it comes off the ramps.

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
This is what the settings were before they adjusted them:

FRONT
Camber:
Left. -0.23
Right. -0.25

Toe:
Left. -1.1
Right. -1.9
Total. -2.9

REAR
Camber:
Left. -1.00
Right. -1.19

Toe:
Left. 1.0
Right. 2.3
Total. 3.3

User

Advanced Member
There's nothing there I dont think that would definately cause the wearing of just the passneger side tyres.

It does look like they ran out of adjustment on the Right Rear Camber - going from -1.19 to just -1.14. Although I'm reasonably sure they should have left the other (Left rear) side as it was - to gain a half-decent match of camber on the entire rear.

Only know a little about geo setups, certainly no expert.

dan the man

Advanced Member
Dont think system R will tell u settings as didnt want to tell me when we got our wires crossed and i was asking about something else but he thought i wanted settings. fair enough.
think im gona use settings on here till i can save up for system R to do it as think its expensive..especially if u get adjusters.

dan

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
I'll be taking the figs that Dobber posted as they are the std settings. Warrington's a long drive to get me wheels put straight :lol:

Sara

Advanced Member
Speak to TGM Sport as they know how to set up a DC5 far better than any of the other tuners .

IMO you should have about -1 to -1.5 deg camber all round to give you reasonable handling and minimal tyre wear.

Having the wheels paralell like you appear to have will do nothing for its cornering ability . If anything it will cause more outer tyre wear cos the tyres will roll right over trying to grip the road and give you lots of understeer. Unless of course you just want to drag race your car then its perfect :wink:

dobber

Advanced Member
Sara said:
Speak to TGM Sport as they know how to set up a DC5 far better than any of the other tuners .

IMO you should have about -1 to -1.5 deg camber all round to give you reasonable handling and minimal tyre wear.

Having the wheels paralell like you appear to have will do nothing for its cornering ability . If anything it will cause more outer tyre wear cos the tyres will roll right over trying to grip the road and give you lots of understeer. Unless of course you just want to drag race your car then its perfect :wink:
I got my figures from TGM 8)

Tom suggests that the standard settings are used tbh. I have to agree as the handling of mine is awesome, plus it gives me balanced tyre wear.

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
[quote name="dobber]

Front Datum

LH RH Tolerance
Total toe 0.0mm +- 1.9mm

half toe 0.0mm 0.0mm +- 0.9mm

camber -0.5º -0.5º +- 1.0º

caster +1.17º +1.17º +- 1.0º

pin angle +13.35º +13.35º +- 0.5º

rear

total toe 1.9mm -0.9mm to +1.9mm

half toe 0.9mm 0.9mm -0.5mm to +0.9mm

camber -0.75º -0.75º -1.0º to +0.75º[/quote]

Okay thanks folks, I'll take these.

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
FRONT Camber: Left. -0.20
Right. -0.34

Toe: Left. 0.4
Right. 0.4
Total. 0.9

REAR Camber: Left. -1.19
Right. -1.20

Toe: Left. 0.7
Right. 1.0
Total. 1.7

How they looking now? Am I OK with these please?