Miss my K-Pro :(

itrsarg

Advanced Member
Is spa better than nurburgring? only reason thinking of doing nurburgring in August :)

dotty

Advanced Member
I'm at the ring again in August.

Totally different. Spa doesn't bite as hard as the ring. Get it wrong at the ring and it normally ends badly.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
You should do some in car vids, always nice to watch your track time back, Harry's lap timer app does a great job.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I've been told getting a K-PRO is the way forward however I've not actually driven my DC5 yet. I'm thinking that perhaps spending £600 is more worthwhile on getting a Tracker fitted in case some sneak thief steals my car.

The DC5 I've bought only has an uprated exhaust, everything else engine wise is standard. Would I be wasting my time with a K-PRO?

Mark_teg

Staff member
I've been told getting a K-PRO is the way forward however I've not actually driven my DC5 yet. I'm thinking that perhaps spending £600 is more worthwhile on getting a Tracker fitted in case some sneak thief steals my car.

The DC5 I've bought only has an uprated exhaust, everything else engine wise is standard. Would I be wasting my time with a K-PRO?

I'd say enjoy the car for a while first :)

SuperFLY

Advanced Member
knobosaurus said:
Even on stock setups, kpro tunes or even a simple reflash can get you modest increses. The link describes a k20a2 but a k20a would be very similar.

http://www.hondata.com/reflash_rsx.html
very true. my ctr was never mapped (hadn't got around to it, plus i didn't have a huge amount of mods fitted to make it really worth it) but i put the basic cold-air map on it and it made the car so much more drivable. acceleration was sooo smooth, much better torque and improved mpg to boot!

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
knobosaurus said:
Even on stock setups, kpro tunes or even a simple reflash can get you modest increses. The link describes a k20a2 but a k20a would be very similar.

http://www.hondata.com/reflash_rsx.html
Thanks for the link mate, I shall take a good look over it thank you. Crazy how it works so well even on stock setups.

Mark_teg said:
I'd say enjoy the car for a while first :)
Ha ha don't worry I will!! I see a lot of people saying that they prefer VTEC coming in earlier, I don't personally. I've got a B20 EK9 at the moment which is going in as part ex against the DC5 and VTEC is mapped to engage at 4800 revs. I don't like it that early tbh.

I've had a VT CRX before and it was much later on that, much prefer it that way but that's just my preferance.

knobosaurus

Honda from factory have conservative ignition advances and cam timing to meet emissions and boast good fuel economy. You're simply just unlocking the potential.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Definitely something to maybe look at in the future as they seem to release a fair bit of power in these cars.

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
Is it worth getting a K-Pro on its own? I just have a twinloop, and i have always thought about unlocking more economy and releasing some more horses. I'm pretty sure it won't make much difference to power only having a twinloop, but i'm interested in laying down the foundations of getting some more performance mods on the go on my Teg.

Oppinions?

mil1lion

Advanced Member
Of course if you make any power upgrades later on you'll want to get it mapped again. I think I might wait until I can get a few upgrades at the same time and get it all mapped together.

SuperFLY

Advanced Member
Mike.A said:
Of course if you make any power upgrades later on you'll want to get it mapped again. I think I might wait until I can get a few upgrades at the same time and get it all mapped together.
if it were me id just get it and put a cold air map on it from the standard list. then when more mods go on the car id map it then.

if you've got a filter and exhaust the cold air map would be fine. (considering that's what its for) granted it won't be 100% but it'll be much better than stock

integraleo

Advanced Member
Also if you ever want to release some hp from the engine you will have to stop strangling it with the twinloop.
I've never understood the fascination with those.I had a twinloop on my old dc2 as it came with the car when I bought it. I swapped it for an n1 style exhaust within a month.

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
integraleo said:
Also if you ever want to release some hp from the engine you will have to stop strangling it with the twinloop.
I've never understood the fascination with those.I had a twinloop on my old dc2 as it came with the car when I bought it. I swapped it for an n1 style exhaust within a month.
Mine came with the car, In 4 years i have never had the inclination to take it off. Always liked the note.