Miss my K-Pro :(

DC5_Bonson

Advanced Member
Been playing about with the "Revs limit" parameter on the K-pro 3 manager...

set the launch rpm @ 5100 with up to 7 mph engagement, added 3% of fuel and feel the different on the 1/4 mile :)

firthy22

Advanced Member
integraleo said:
Also if you ever want to release some hp from the engine you will have to stop strangling it with the twinloop.
I've never understood the fascination with those.I had a twinloop on my old dc2 as it came with the car when I bought it. I swapped it for an n1 style exhaust within a month.
Rubbish, my DC5 made 250bhp with a twinloop so can't be that restrictive, just a shame it went through a brick wall :(

dotty

Advanced Member
Also if you ever want to release some hp from the engine you will have to stop strangling it with the twinloop.

I've never understood the fascination with those.I had a twinloop on my old dc2 as it came with the car when I bought it. I swapped it for an n1 style exhaust within a month.

Rubbish, my DC5 made 250bhp with a twinloop so can't be that restrictive, just a shame it went through a brick wall :(

This, with whistles and bells on it.

It's battered about too much that the twinloop is restrictive and it's utter nonsense. It may not be as 'free flowing' as other systems but you don't sound like a fart can bumbling along the road.

As many who have driven my car (including most recently TGM Tom at Spa) it goes very well indeed !

dave c

400hp K20
Power difference is so negligable on exhaust systems anyway.

5-10hp isn't going to make a jot of difference in actual road or track performance

Mugen does restrict flow, thats a fact but it also sounds great has no issue on track and retains its value well.

dotty

Advanced Member
Tdi got 255 out of my car and mase got that little bit more. I know plenty of other people that have seen good results with a twinloop, it may be a little more restrictive than others as mentioned but not 10bhp restrictive, I'd say 1-4bhp perhaps, depending on who has mapped.

The only people that seem to care about dyno/twinloop/restrictive figures is the people that pop their bonnet up at south Mimms anyway :lol:

Marshall-P

Advanced Member
Tdi got 255 out of my car and mase got that little bit more. I know plenty of other people that have seen good results with a twinloop, it may be a little more restrictive than others as mentioned but not 10bhp restrictive, I'd say 1-4bhp perhaps, depending on who has mapped.

The only people that seem to care about dyno/twinloop/restrictive figures is the people that pop their bonnet up at south Mimms anyway :lol:

This ^^^^

Will be interesting to see what mine makes with full mugen system later on in the year.

DC5RS

DC5
LewisK20 said:
Would it be worth/make a difference getting kpro on a stock motor
it will but not worth IMO if you dont get a decent exhaust, manifold, intake box etc etc

El_Boomo

Advanced Member
maxvr6 said:
Depends on what you think is worth it, vtec engagement will be much lower and it will make a difference, although this is on an EP3 you should get a similar result once mapped for the fuel we have here, check out the midrange improvement :)<br /><br />http://www.euro-spec2000.co.uk/Tuning/Honda/Civic-Type-R-EP3/
<br /><br />This would be a better page.<br /><br />http://www.euro-spec2000.co.uk/tuning/honda/integra-type-r-dc5/<br /><br />25bhp midrange claimed<br /><br />

integraleo

Advanced Member
dotty said:
Tdi got 255 out of my car and mase got that little bit more. I know plenty of other people that have seen good results with a twinloop, it may be a little more restrictive than others as mentioned but not 10bhp restrictive, I'd say 1-4bhp perhaps, depending on who has mapped. The only people that seem to care about dyno/twinloop/restrictive figures is the people that pop their bonnet up at south Mimms anyway :lol:
The YouTube video of tuning a dc5...took off the buddyclub pro spec and fitted a mugen twinloop exhaust and lost 7hp at top of revs and 10hp in midrange. Much more than the 1-4 you think.

El_Boomo

Advanced Member
maxvr6 said:
Ooops! the graph is useful to see where the gains will be made though :)
<br /><br />Didn't see the graph on my phone, looks impressive .<br /><br />Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4