more chamber w/ MeisterR! How?

Tuneboy

Advanced Member
Hey guys,

i recently swapped my MeisterR Top Mounts from left to right to gain more castor. That worked great and the car was more stable.
Now i was on the Alignment and realized that im at -1,44 and -2,2 -> both Top mounts at the max. So i needed to dial in -1,44 as a reference.

Since my car is more a trackcar, i want to dail in at least -2,3°, better -2,5° (AR1 Semislick). But thats not possible because the one mount is at max at -1,44° :( I could swap the mounts back to gain more camber but then id lose the castor and i liked it.

So what to do now. Drill the holes at the topmount?

Tuneboy

Advanced Member
yep, i will try running camberbolts.
Also considering putting camberbolts on the lower O.E. spindle :xaiweb2:

ollieh17

Advanced Member
As above elongate the strut hole, but if i was doing this i would make sure you have some way of locking the position so it doesnt slip out of alignment

spooke

Advanced Member
I have flipped top mounts with 2.30' caster and -3.00' camber with camber bolts. MeisterR Coilovers.

Tuneboy

Advanced Member
spooke said:
I have flipped top mounts with 2.30' caster and -3.00' camber with camber bolts. MeisterR Coilovers.
What? Only with flipped mounts? Can you take a picture? Im only getting -1,44° with the flipped mounts. Something seems wrong

Fez

Advanced Member
I could only get about 2° with flipped mounts and camber bolts. I tried doing a second set of camber bolts but made no difference.
I now have castor top mounts from SW motorsports, but area make some too, and i dialled them in all the way to see what i could get and it was about 4.5° maxed.

Tuneboy

Advanced Member
Fez said:
I could only get about 2° with flipped mounts and camber bolts. I tried doing a second set of camber bolts but made no difference.
I now have castor top mounts from SW motorsports, but area make some too, and i dialled them in all the way to see what i could get and it was about 4.5° maxed.
Can you send me a link? Does this fit on the MeisterRs? Very intrested!

spooke

Advanced Member
Tuneboy said:
Can you send me a link? Does this fit on the MeisterRs? Very intrested!
You'll need to cut your chassis top mount for the adjustment knob. They're designed for coilovers that are inverted.

Tuneboy

Advanced Member
spooke said:
You'll need to cut your chassis top mount for the adjustment knob. They're designed for coilovers that are inverted.
my adjustment knob didnt touch the chassis but is maxed out.

Pic would be useful

Fez

Advanced Member
Tuneboy said:

Pic would be useful

Thats mine. My shocks are inverted and still didnt fit under so i just trimmed the shock nut down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDM-DC5

Advanced Member
camber bolts and adjustable steering arms are what i used with the same coilovers to get -2 and 0 toe at the front..

spooke

Advanced Member
Tuneboy said:

Pic would be useful
Fez said:
Thats mine. My shocks are inverted and still didnt fit under so i just trimmed the shock nut down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is what I meant, as MeisterR's have the adjustment up top. You'll have to notch out the strut tower for the adjustment knob to fit, that may mean running only a OEM strut brace.

Tuneboy

Advanced Member
ah okay...
That mounts are pretty expensive.. I have to think about that. I may try to grind the slot of the lower brace at first.

Tuneboy

Advanced Member
evening lads,

i was on the track this weekend with the AR1s and i defenitly need more chamber.
Thinking about the kit you guys mentioned before.. Is there a Strutbrace that would fit apart OEM?

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Just to let you know it's 'Camber' not 'Chamber', two completely different things bud.