most powerfull na car on here ??

jay82

Advanced Member
just out of interest does any of the above cars super charged or have a turbo on them?

ejwillistyles

Advanced Member
Out of interest can anyone on the above list confirm the figures were made on a Dyno Dynamics rolling road???

I would be very interested to see if they were, as some figures are getting seriously high there.....

:D

ejwillistyles

Advanced Member
Anyone???

:?

ejwillistyles said:
Out of interest can anyone on the above list confirm the figures were made on a Dyno Dynamics rolling road???

I would be very interested to see if they were, as some figures are getting seriously high there.....

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
ejwillistyles said:
some figures are getting seriously high there.....

Ed

I couldn't comment... but yes.. many do appear to be high.. for the mods that have been done :wink:

Mike

Stoo

Whining.....
it would be good to get an Uber RR meet somewhere and try to even out the figures somewhat

lucky charms

celox performance said:
Grangey said:
i never fully believe in these threads, there can be such a drastic difference between rolling roads the only way youl ever get a true answer is getting all the cars above on the same rollers and then seeing the results. a 1.2 corsa can be rr'd at 400bhp if the bloody thing isnt set up well!
Even that wouldn't be that accurate. I always go to a certain unnamed tuner and after a Mugen cat back I actually lost 5bhp and around 6-7lb/ft torque. I wasn't pleased with the results but the car didn't seem any slower on the road and even seemed smoother. It turned out that the car had been tested in different gears although it was the same rolling road operator :?

Since then I don't go by any rolling road figures any more.
i'm with celox on this one, how many times have you dynoed your car, if more than once then you'll inevitably have gotten different results & of course you will post your best, but which is it.
i've used several rolling roads with the one car in the past & have seen up to 20bhp difference,
while your rolling road figures are a good indication of how your engine pulls, imo there are too many variables for consistant results

LeeH

Advanced Member
A lot of them on here are on the same Dyno tho....I know it differs due to blah blah etc.

It's not a serious table, we all know that but what I do know is TDi's Dyno is reading about the same as CPL's. Two well known and establised Tuners.

I would take the reading from some Dynos with a pinch of salt, and others I would say its about as accurate as you're going to get.

And another thing............comments like "I cannot comment but" wink wink really hack me off. Along with "your torque curve donsnt look right" blah blah.

Great, offer an explanation if you have one, if you don't why bother posting.

....runs off and gets my flame suit.

:roll:

kingston

Advanced Member
LeeH said:
because alot of people on here are armchair mechanics who learn what they know through hanging around garages/on here etc etc and dont tend to get there hands dirty so to speak

tron2k3

Advanced Member
kingston said:
LeeH said:
because alot of people on here are armchair mechanics who learn what they know through hanging around garages/on here etc etc and dont tend to get there hands dirty so to speak
Name and shame :roll: :lol:

kingston

Advanced Member
its not actually you as you dont tend to share the knowledge youve learnt due to contractual reasons

Jayk

Advanced Member
kingston said:
LeeH said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: man i almost just died at work, its too early to read somethinig like this, hahahaha

i think we should get a RR'd day going. A big one! Like Lee said most of these are at TDI!

all i can say is i have 1 hp, but my car is still rapid, on and off the track!! :lol:

Stoo

Whining.....
Jayk said:
kingston said:
LeeH said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: man i almost just died at work, its too early to read somethinig like this, hahahaha
2nded hahaha

Jayk

Advanced Member
S80PERteg said:
Jayk said:
kingston said:
LeeH said:
2nded hahaha
its certainly woke me up, best get intouch with NASA :lol: :wink:

Stoo

Whining.....
Steven hawkins got 300bhp at the rear wheels of his chair on TDis dyno so it must be accurate!

Newty

Advanced Member
Yup...lets have a mass meet up @ TDI...and get a mag in on the act. Winner gets an Austin Metro.