Motorsport Events > Colerne Sat 14th APRIL

Jayk

Advanced Member
Evs said:
It's very near Castle Combe, between J17 and J18 of the M4 but to the south.
Thanks Evs.

How do i book guys?! Is there a picture of the track available? Is it a proper track or airfield based?

Thanks

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
JayK

It's an Airfield trackday :!:

I've not got a layout either, but may have info soon.

Just to give you an idea, here is a link to a chap on Rev's that has got a Rally Prep Civic, he done an event their last year:

http://www.edpphoto.com/wugging06%20car ... 20copy.htm

As you can see, the surface is very good!

To book, have a look at Motorsport Events web page (www.motorsport-events.com), look under trackdays, calendar, it gives you a number to call.

Just to add, I've posted details of this on Honda Rev's and the DC2 forum... some have shown some interest.. so it's likely to be a day dominated by Honda power 8)

Mike

Jayk

Advanced Member
MJ Type-R said:
JayK

It's an Airfield trackday :!:

I've not got a layout either, but may have info soon.

Just to give you an idea, here is a link to a chap on Rev's that has got a Rally Prep Civic, he done an event their last year:

http://www.edpphoto.com/wugging06%20car ... 20copy.htm

As you can see, the surface is very good!

To book, have a look at Motorsport Events web page (www.motorsport-events.com), look under trackdays, calendar, it gives you a number to call.

Just to add, I've posted details of this on Honda Rev's and the DC2 forum... some have shown some interest.. so it's likely to be a day dominated by Honda power 8)

Mike
Cheers Mike.
Surface is very good for a Airfield.
Will have a think about it
Thanks for info.
Jay

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Jayk said:
Cheers Mike.
Thanks for info.
Jay
Come on Jay, you know you really want too 8)

I'm sure others will say, that MSE events are held at airfields were the surface is good etc...

Duncs, Jonster etc would back this up, I think they were surprised how little tyre wear you actually get etc..

I'll try to see if I can get a layout map from Natasha at MSE.

Mike

Jayk

Advanced Member
MJ Type-R said:
Jayk said:
Cheers Mike.
Thanks for info.
Jay
Come on Jay, you know you really want too 8)

I'm sure others will say, that MSE events are held at airfields were the surface is good etc...

Duncs, Jonster etc would back this up, I think they were surprised how little tyre wear you actually get etc..

I'll try to see if I can get a layout map from Natasha at MSE.

Mike
Yumming and Arrring!!
If you could get a layout that would be cool Mike!

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Natasha has got back to me....

They wont have a layout till end of Fed :cry: They have a couple in mind atm... the end of Feb is their first day at Colerne though...

I have confirmed, MSE still only have a Max of 40 cars per event.

Mike

Wootty

Advanced Member
Here is an aerial of the airfield, so you can see what they have to play with. I just hope they can use that lovely loop on the right :lol:

Attachments

Sara

Advanced Member
I marshalled there back in '97, the year I won the tarmac rally Championship. :D
IIRC where the X and the lollipop are on the right hand side of the runway :wink:

Jayk

Advanced Member
Cheers for that wooty, seriously considering this. although i do like donington park, deciding where i should go for the tegs first trackday :?

Chris-DC5

Advanced Member
I am doing this track day and booking up for it once i get paid this month,

They are letting me use both my cars(GT4 and DC5) for the price of one which i think is good,

Cannot wait for this, will be good fun and will be the firs time on track with the DC5,

Cheers.

Jayk

Advanced Member
i havent booked yet, but will call tomorrow and book, i doubt there are spaces,

i dont mind coming down and blagging passenger rides if peoples dont mind also?

either way will pop down :D

Duncs

Ok,
so there will be a few of us,
fetch a chair i will be bringing a Tent thing, (Gazebo with walls) always handy to sit in out of the wind!!
as for the rest of you in the area (M5/M4 junction), its a saturday pop along and see how to let your DC5 go wild 8) 8) 8)

bigfoot

booked up for this yesterday. the GF wanted a weekend away so thought i might as well combine it with a trackday :lol:

Evs- your local so any recomendations on somewhere to stay for a couple of nights

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Good to see more and more of you taking this up :D

There should be plenty of Honda's out at this event... got a few people off other Honda forums coming along etc...

I'm sorry to say, that currently it looks like I wont be in my DC5 for this... however, my DC2 should be just as strong, considering it's been setup engine wise i.e. Cam Timing by the chaps at Hondaworks 8)

Can't wait for this now... just hope I can sort my slight breaking issues out that I've now had twice on track in my DC2....

Mike

Duncs

escaping from darkest cornwall for the day then!!
and what car will you be in then Chris?

Evs

Advanced Member
bigfoot said:
Evs- your local so any recomendations on somewhere to stay for a couple of nights
Yeah I'm local so never need a B&B 10 miles from my house! :lol:

I'll ask around mate, see what I can come up with :)

Duncs

Bath is not too far away, let her loose with the CC whilst you do the driving!!
Box (famous for its long very long tunnel) is just down the hill but its only small, couple of good pubs though (i used to live not too far away)