MPG

integrad

I was curious s to see how many miles i could get out of a full tank of fuel so i drove like a oap for a week and couldont help but give it large for the last 60 or so miles but managed 385 miles not bad :eek:

logik

Advanced Member
Yeah thats not bad at all mate. I think most people are getting between 300 - 350 unless you have the KPro of course.

Youngy

I filled up my Teg and went from Swindon to Blackpool and back on 1 tank, I think thats over 400miles ....

My god I must be old !!! driving that slow

LA-DC5 ITR

Advanced Member
i average 32mpg. that is astounding for performance car.

My better half drives a 1.25 fiesta and that gets 42mpg :!: not much in it at all.

dave c

400hp K20
i've got 360ish so far on a tank with...
320ish m'way miles at approx speedlimit lol then the other
40ish have been london city driving.

The light has just come on,

On a side note how many miles can you get with the light on driving steady, say no more than 4k rpm?

celox performance

Advanced Member
I can't get over 320 miles to a full tank and i've only had that once or twice. I average 280-300 miles to a tank and that's not using the VTEC too much.

It's still not bad as my mate's got an MR2 turbo and it does much less than mine with similar power.

tron2k3

Advanced Member
Hmm I average 240, think I've had just over 300 once since I've had the car. :cry:

nefor

Advanced Member
I get an average of 30mpg at the moment. That's a nice mix of "spirited" driving and changing at 3k on the daily commute. Very few motorway/dual carriageway miles too (standard car).
Reckon 35-40 would be possible if i was sensible ALL the time, but. well. that's just not going to happen :D

Greensprout

Advanced Member
I've just done a full tank in.. Filled up just before the fuel protests..

I did 290 miles, that was mainly motorway miles, with a bit of city driving and a bit of VTEC action :D

Yella Fella

Nismo Wannabe
what is the quoted mpg officially?

i have yet to fill it up as had my petrol paid for by the garage when i bought it however, how big is the tank, 40L? we talking 50/60quid?

Evil_Weasel

Advanced Member
Don't know if the petrol prices are having an effect on my driving, or its just the amount of boring motorway miles I've done recently, but just got 36mpg out of a tank of V-Power. :shock: Thats around 400 miles from the tank. :D

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
I dont give a toss, it is what it is and i just fill it up. You dont own a DC5 to see how many miles you can get to the gallon, you own it becuase it has a JDM K20!

Oh and you should fill up at 3am which is generally the coldest part of the day and the fuel is more dense when it is cold so you get more fuel for your money. If you want to be really anal about it.

tron2k3

Advanced Member
ian.herm01 said:
I dont give a toss, it is what it is and i just fill it up. You dont own a DC5 to see how many miles you can get to the gallon, you own it becuase it has a JDM K20!

Oh and you should fill up at 3am which is generally the coldest part of the day and the fuel is more dense when it is cold so you get more fuel for your money. If you want to be really anal about it.
But then you use more fuel when driving home because of the dense air :lol:

redcap

Advanced Member
ian.herm01 said:
I dont give a toss, it is what it is and i just fill it up. You dont own a DC5 to see how many miles you can get to the gallon
Exactly my thoughts, i think mine does anything from 250-350 to a tank depends on whether i v-tec it or if it's mostly motorway/short trips?

I don't know how anyone can get 380-400 miles though.

mark type r

Advanced Member
If it gets me work for a week without filling up then im happy!

Which i am! :D So far 220 miles to just under half a tank. Not used a full tank in normal conditions yet :oops: :lol:

neil_integra

Advanced Member
I only manage 220 per Tank. Worst is about 190 per tank. Best I have had is 330 miles per tank when driving up to TDI and back which is about 240 miles round trip.

mark type r

Advanced Member
Ive done 2 fill ups now.

Both at £53 for V power and both did 270 miles.

Is that to do with my driving style? :?

drivebymonkey

Advanced Member
markGTi said:
Ive done 2 fill ups now.

Both at £53 for V power and both did 270 miles.

Is that to do with my driving style? :?
i get about the same. the biggest variable in fuel consumption is always driving style. dont go above 3K RPM and you will get more miles than if you travel everywhere in VTEC!!