MPG

jasondc55

Advanced Member
When I first got my Teg I did the old eco test filled the car up (with Shell Optimax of course)and a 5 litre Jerry can and managed 365miles until the light and 45 miles on the light so 410 altogether that was driving to work at a constant 30-40 mph (11miles each way)with no vtec and using only 1st, 3rd, then 6th. My car was totally standard with 41000 on the clock. I then took it for a oil and filter change including fuel filter. This was a very good experiment but very boring.

Fubar Andy

Advanced Member
Just out of interest do most people use their DC5's as daily drivers?

When I picked mine up (300mile trip home) I did about 350miles to the tank (70% motorway 30% A roads)

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Yep mine is my daily drive. I do 32mile round trip each day, some start stop traffic (30%ish) the rest dual carriageway and I'm fairly consistent in getting 300 to 320 miles from full to fuel light. I'll always squeeze as much fuel in as possible though as I normally find a bit of a pause from the click of the fuel pump and you can normally squeeze another £2 - £3 in. From fuel light I can normally get in circa £60 of fuel in paying optimax prices which is the only fuel I use.
I regularly do mpg calculation and I normally come out at 31 - 32mpg and around 42mpg on a run taking it easy.
Fuel economy isn't an issue for some but it's still important to me and the fact that a circa 220bhp car can return that sort of economy is just another joy of owning this car. It really is an amazing all rounder. No wonder so many people on here say they'll never sell!

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Best I've had out the teg is as it currently stand (mods wise and map wise) got 395 miles from the tank (prob couldve got more but didnt risk it) that was a run to a show and back up.

That being said my lass Louise was driving at the time it would probably have been significantly different if I was driving lol ;)

DC5RS

DC5
I've done an extra eco test of the teg, never passed 2300rpm (5.1 fd) and 80kmh on the highway ultra stable @ 2800rpm. Managed to do with exact half tank 230miles.
Couldn't test further cause I gave the car to my dad for a cruise :) I will try again though

bennn

Advanced Member
I've got an app on my iPhone that I've used since I've owned the car. Best MPG I've had is 31.03 and the worst is 26.69.

Considering its essentially just a weekend car I think the MPG I get is excellent.

molten-ice

Advanced Member
Me and a few mates averaged 21.6 mpg driving this 5l v8 from glasgow to spain and back....

nersha

I'm getting atleast 280 but usually 300+ from £55-60 fillups (£1.35 /litre Vpower)

A conservative estimate of 300 miles to £60 fillup is 30.9mpg which I'm very happy with because I don't hang around on my daily 80 mile roundtrip for work (lots of VTEC). Had the car for about 10 months now and have noticed fuel economy improve, was getting maybe 250-260 from the same fillup amount in litres. I've put it down to one of the below or a combination of:

Run solely on Vpower
Oil change to fuchs racing 5w-40
Keeping tyres inflated to correct PSI
Or maybe the weather being colder ;)

But hearing that kpro increases range by ~50 miles per tank has made it a no brainer for me

- I do roughly 500 miles per week stock ECU = 1.66666 fillups per week = £100 weekly cost

- Extra 50 miles per tank with K100 = 1.42857 fillups per week = £85.71 weekly cost

Soooo a k100 with map costs around £800.. It will pay for itself in fuel savings in 56 weeks :xcheers:

integraleo

Advanced Member
It doesn't give 50 miles extra per tank.on a long motorway journey at a steady speed it will increase but not stop start town driving.
I averaged 300 miles per tank (46 litre fill ups) before and after remap.
But on my last motorway journey achieved over 440 miles to fill up.

carlos7777777

Advanced Member
The other week I got 403 iirc to a full tank. That was doing 65 mile round trips to work and back for 4 days and another 100 mile round trip to Ipswich and back. Plus around 50 miles ish around town...

Worked out to be around 37mpg using super unleaded.

Main driving was a constant 60mph with the occasional vtec burst. Not too bad return tbh.

carlos7777777

Advanced Member
really??

£25 totals around 19.23 litres if the price is £1.30 per litre.

19.23 litres equals 4.23 gallons.

80 miles divided by 4.23 gallons gives 18.9mpg... That's quite bad imo. What kind of driving are you doing lol?

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Yeah, my driving is horrendous.

I'm not going to lie. I hammer it everywhere, really struggle to drive conservatively. It's a show off thing with me I think. I keep thinking and believing everyone is looking at me when they're probably not.

I also feel the need to show off the Honda and vtec, as though I'm flying the flag for Honda. It's hard to explain. I'm an aggressive driver, not the best driver but I do drive aggressively, recklessly at times in fact most of the time.

I do have a problem, I need to slow down and grow up really. But I've been saying this for years and haven't changed.

Any tips on slowing down and conserving fuel will be gratefully accepted.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Yeah, my driving is horrendous.

I'm not going to lie. I hammer it everywhere, really struggle to drive conservatively. It's a show off thing with me I think. I keep thinking and believing everyone is looking at me when they're probably not.

I also feel the need to show off the Honda and vtec, as though I'm flying the flag for Honda. It's hard to explain. I'm an aggressive driver, not the best driver but I do drive aggressively, recklessly at times in fact most of the time.

I do have a problem, I need to slow down and grow up really. But I've been saying this for years and haven't changed.

Any tips on slowing down and conserving fuel will be gratefully accepted.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Knowing your luck and how much it's cost you so far just think how much a new engine would cost.............Ooooops did i really say that ;)

T.G.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Topgeezer said:
Knowing your luck and how much it's cost you so far just think how much a new engine would cost.............Ooooops did i really say that ;)

T.G.
I know mate!!

I might be in a position soon where I have the cash to get the timing chain done, hopefully should know more in the coming month so that will be one less worry.

Alicks

Advanced Member
lucky to get 280 from a tank. did 70 miles to a tank at brands thats my record low

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
Just today i filled up when my trip meter was indicating 370 miles. Always brim it and i was only just on the light so i could maybe have seen 400 miles from a tank, at a push. I'm very lucky to have a shell round the corner from where i work.