MPG

.::Ant::.

Advanced Member
I've done 2 fill ups now as well Mark, both at £55 for a full tank.

On the way back from Andy's (all motorway cruising in 6th) I got nearly 340miles.

Normal driving to and from work i'm getting about 270, all town driving, stop start, and changing at 3000rpm.

Still far better than the MR2 I had :)

mark type r

Advanced Member
Nice know im getting about the same. I do a lot of dual carriage way driving. I usually dont hit V-Tech cause of traffic in the way, just cant help myself when the road opens up in front of me and i need to get passed the line of cars and a truck on the horizon. I dont make a habit of speeding tho as it attracts idiots who think they can take on the world :lol:

Dc5Dub07

Advanced Member
I used to get around 360km's, a lot of stop start driving, since i have the Gruppe-M I got around 380km's out of a tank of Maxol 99 octane.

rick c

Advanced Member
That's quite incredible. My 306 Rallye had pretty much the same fuel consumption - around 300 miles to a tank, up to 400 miles when driving to Europe - only that had 170bhp! No VVT of any kind though on that. Incredible engine.

My mate has an RX8, I must remember to have this conversation with him when my DC5 arrives :lol:

drivebymonkey

Advanced Member
rick c said:
My mate has an RX8, I must remember to have this conversation with him when my DC5 arrives :lol:
good old rotary engines... i hear they are actualy very good on fuel consumption, not alot of people know that. :lol: :lol: :lol:

rick c

Advanced Member
drivebymonkey said:
rick c said:
good old rotary engines... i hear they are actualy very good on fuel consumption, not alot of people know that. :lol: :lol: :lol:
You're joking aren't you, he gets about 180 miles to a full tank of fuel

ollie-dc5

Advanced Member
Saw a brand new RX8 on the Mazda stand at Goodwood yesterday. 299 G/km CO2 emission's. :shock: That's in the highest tax band. Nice looking car though.

mark type r

Advanced Member
I think i might be going mad!

I decided fill my car up yesterday ready for work, it was on quarter a tank with 270 miles travelled. I thought that was brilliant as ive been on empty at 270 miles twice. I filled up and it cost me £50 but the last 2 times ive filled up it cost £53! That last £3 goes a long way :lol: :lol:

daaan100

On my recent trip to Scotland, motorway mpg at outside lane speeds :roll: was about 38mpg or 380 miles to a tank. I was very impressed considering we were making "ahem" progress :lol: Normal town driving and shortish commutes tends to see about 300 miles to a tank.

gibbyboy

Advanced Member
Re:

neil_integra said:
I only manage 220 per Tank. Worst is about 190 per tank. Best I have had is 330 miles per tank when driving up to TDI and back which is about 240 miles round trip.
Think I am about the same, roughly 200 miles per tank, that is just weekend fun and the occasional trip up to my parents house. Got about 300 miles when coming back up the road from 200bhp cars....wasn't really hanging around then either as I just got the car.

Not really bothered as I only got about 120 miles per tank in my Sti 7 so the Teg is like a diesel compared to it! :eek: :D

TBH I only do 3k miles per year so fuel cost's are not an issue.

lujamil

Advanced Member
Any updates on your MPG? I got about 280 out of a full tank, majority town driving. Sound normal? People coming out with figures of 400ish miles per tank must be talking about motorway driving.

nellly

Advanced Member
yea 280 for just town driving is about right i average around the 300 mark. the higher figures are for solid motorway driving at a steady pace.

dotty

Advanced Member
Always over 300 since kpro was fitted and mapped. I genuinely average around 350 from a full tank now.

Steve_DC5

Advanced Member
i was getting 280s with kpro sometimes less - short trips to work and b-roads blast. Had it remapped again with same mods bar exhaust is different got 330 to a tank with same driving well probably more blasting lol So sensible day to day i would expect 350ish to a tank :D
Previous map was pants as i suspected prior to getting it mapped again.

jambo

Advanced Member
i done a eco run in my teg going to and from work which is around 12 miles of 60mph all the way. Took it easy and hit 395miles on a tank. Was disapointed it didnt hit 400 haha. Worked out at 38.8mpg i think it was. If you drive them sensibly they return good figures for what they are but its hard to keep that right foot off.