MTEC K20/K24 Race Spring Group Buy Interest

Rom

Advanced Member
kokos191 said:
Any1 fitted the race springs? I was wondering if its too much to be installed on a daily driving car.
I thought most had gone for the race ones?
Because race car.

I think that's what I have. But not fitting until my intake comes.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
I will be fitting mine over the weekend. Will get my wife to push the gear lever around whilst I look at the gearbox end. Might be too much slack in the cables. Inwhich a new box and cables will be on the cards...

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
WJ51FUT (Gok) said:
I will be fitting mine over the weekend. Will get my wife to push the gear lever around whilst I look at the gearbox end. Might be too much slack in the cables. Inwhich a new box and cables will be on the cards...
You mean, get your wife to wiggle and push your knob around....... hahaha

wj51fut

Advanced Member
I had a go at fitting the springs today.
Air box off
Gear cables off
Undo the four bolts on top
And that was it!
Couldn't pull the mechanism out. So I read the instructions. I needed to take the 8mm Allen/Hex bolt out from the gear case. And I didn't have one!! So my wife kindly went to Halfords to get me one and within 4 hours I had it out! Lol

Taking it apart is easy as I completely stripped down the unit, as I do. But just remember where all the bits go. Haven't refitted it yet as I have ran out of light. Will put it in tomorrow and see what it is like.

jrscho

Advanced Member
I'll be getting mines fitted on Tuesday along with my new shifter, can't wait! Feels like Christmas already lol

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
Could you get some pics of the refit and strip down gok?

Just to help the noobs like me out haha

Edit: just seen your thread haha

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Skint mate.

The car needs other more important things doing to it anyway.

Would love something like this as it looks a decent mod, that or the K tuned shifter box.

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
WJ51FUT (Gok) said:
I had a go at fitting the springs today.
Air box off
Gear cables off
Undo the four bolts on top
And that was it!
Couldn't pull the mechanism out. So I read the instructions. I needed to take the 8mm Allen/Hex bolt out from the gear case. And I didn't have one!! So my wife kindly went to Halfords to get me one and within 4 hours I had it out! Lol

Taking it apart is easy as I completely stripped down the unit, as I do. But just remember where all the bits go. Haven't refitted it yet as I have ran out of light. Will put it in tomorrow and see what it is like.
Glad you figured it out mate. I had forgotten about the Hex bolt at the front of the gearbox case as it was the first thing listed on the ClubRSX instructions and had assumed you had done it.

kazmo

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Skint mate.

The car needs other more important things doing to it anyway.

Would love something like this as it looks a decent mod, that or the K tuned shifter box.
i know what you mean mate, pockets are still empty from xmas!, we missed out on the free hr shifter floating about here last week lol

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Wingnuttzz said:
Glad you figured it out mate. I had forgotten about the Hex bolt at the front of the gearbox case as it was the first thing listed on the ClubRSX instructions and had assumed you had done it.
Yeah I didn't read the instructions until after I had taken best part of it apart! Doh! Done now so shall see what it's like tomorrow.

Phelpo711

Advanced Member
Lads you dont need to take your airbox off. I have the J's intake and i just took my battery out and everything was accessable....Just to save you a bit more time haha

wj51fut

Advanced Member
It's only three bolts to get the main box off the J's kit. Can't see how you could do it with CF top still on??!

Phelpo711

Advanced Member
Honestly there is loads of room. To remove the J's box you would have to disconnect your inlet hose to your filer, and if i remember its a nightmare to fit on again as its very tight. There loads of room underneath, thus saving you even more time. i did mine last week.

DC5RS

DC5
Phelpo711 said:
Honestly there is loads of room. To remove the J's box you would have to disconnect your inlet hose to your filer, and if i remember its a nightmare to fit on again as its very tight. There loads of room underneath, thus saving you even more time. i did mine last week.
and how did you find the spring so far ?

Phelpo711

Advanced Member
DC5RS said:
and how did you find the spring so far ?
im enjoying it! the gear changes are smoother i find and it feels alot more positive when you throw the gears in at speed. Great Mod for £34!