New CAR TAX rates in 2008 Budget!!

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Unless the DVLA reverses whats been done,cottons on to the loophole and we all gat charged £400+ tax per year :-k

another_ronald

Advanced Member
I posted the following before, i would like to know if there is any way out of the BAND G.

Hi Guys, i have been asked DVLA and VOSA, here is the situation:

There are three methods of showing Directive compliance with Co2 emissions:

1.A letter from the vehicle manufacturer confirming the vehicle meets Directive 70/220/EEC as amended. As your vehicle is an imported vehicle, this will not be the case. I have tried HONDA HQ, without any luck.

2.A Model Report confirming the vehicle meets the required emission standard applicable to that vehicle.
However, as the vehicle has already been tested and registered, this can no longer be used.

3.A European Directive report carried out by an Independent test laboratory. A full list of such facilities can be found by following the link below:
http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/Transpor ... ces_v2.pdf
However, the cost of an emissions run can be prohibitively expensive (in the region of £2000) and the vehicle may not achieve the desired result.

Any comments and thoughts (or even a solution )welcome.

Cheers
Ron

dave c

400hp K20
how about if you had an "engine swap" and had to SVA it again based in new emissions?

Would that be costly?

Obviously without the actual engine swap.

Andy ithink you should research this then charge us all for getting it done lol.

If we get refunds too i'd be willing to sacrifice mine as payment to get £200 a year off ;)

Yella Fella

Nismo Wannabe
Guys,

Just to jump in on the convo... to try and understand the new tax bands this year 2010 onwards... with the super guzzlers, is the 1st year tax of £950 only apply to new cars registered in 2010 reg? Or anything bought regardless of when it was registered post 2001?

e.g. if I still went and bought something registered in 2005, does this fall into the old style of banding? Or for better words, keeping my 2001 plate teg, this won't be changing much from my £215 a year tax? As I've noticed for the highest bands, every year after the 1st year is £450 :eek: