New To DC5

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
If you're going to drop that sort of money on a DC5, don't, find another few K and buy an FK2.

juno

juno said:
FK2 is a nice car but just that, a modern heavy slow nice car!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
its as MAD as a SHITHOUSE RAT

juno

Chris. said:
I'm assuming you've driven an FK2 with light mods?
its the 200kgs weigh difference that you can't overcome!

George657

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
Have you driven one?
Have you driven a Turbo Dc5?

Fk2's have already dropped massively in value.
Dc5's seem to be on the up. I'd lay my money on a dc5 setting a faster lap time than an fk2 with the correct modifications and the dc5 will hold its value.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Sorry but I'd much rather have a 1-2 year old car over a potentially rusty 16 year old DC5 with lol miles, no toys and rattles.

No I've not driven a turbo DC5, I don't have much interest in them as if I want a turbo car I'd buy one that's left the factory as one. I've had an Evo with over 430 bhp so it's not like I don't know what quick cars are about.

The FK2 is an animal and I'd choose one over a DC5 every day, if it wasn't for the fact I love high NA revs on track in something that I don't care much about then I'd have one in a heartbeat.

To think otherwise is madness is you ask me, times have changed and the game has moved on.

George657

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
Sorry but I'd much rather have a 1-2 year old car over a potentially rusty 16 year old DC5 with lol miles, no toys and rattles.

No I've not driven a turbo DC5, I don't have much interest in them as if I want a turbo car I'd buy one that's left the factory as one. I've had an Evo with over 430 bhp so it's not like I don't know what quick cars are about.

The FK2 is an animal and I'd choose one over a DC5 every day, if it wasn't for the fact I love high NA revs on track in something that I don't care much about then I'd have one in a heartbeat.

To think otherwise is madness is you ask me, times have changed and the game has moved on.
Lol a 430bhp Evo isn't really a fast car. Especially when you would out its power to weight ratio after you've worked out the drivetrain loss.

You probably think I'm talking a load of waffle but a Turbo dc5 is a different breed. I'd hold judgement until you have been in one. I cannot put into words what they are like, you have to physically drive one.

A rotrex Ep3 lapped an R35 GTR at Combe a couple months back.

My Mk2 FRS was dyno' at 418bhp 501lbft and my Dc5 makes it feel slow.

juno

juno said:
My driving is OK It's the bloody weight you have to drag about with modern cars, they just feel dead in comparison to older lighter cars! Now this ones got a K20 and only 570kgs https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N3fenethPfk

or 450hp and 4wd in this lightweight RS EVO just 1190kgs

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
juno said:
My driving is OK It's the bloody weight you have to drag about with modern cars, they just feel dead in comparison to older lighter cars! Now this ones got a K20 and only 570kgs Sent from my iPhone using Tapata...nothing whatsoever to do with my point above?

juno

Chris. said:
Great, but that has nothing whatsoever to do with my point above?
it does weight is a killer to all round performance and drivability, honestly! It doesn't matter how much hp you got it's all about the weight! My EVO leaves my Lambo for dead down the lanes even though the Lambo is a screaming V10 with 570HP, great soul but too heavy to do what the DC5 of EVO can do!