New tyres

xhelen06x

Advanced Member
Recommendations please?

My back 2 are egging and are a different size to the front!!

Need to get them changed ASAP ....

Chris-141

Advanced Member
I have proxy t1r's and they are great! Although iv heard good reviews about conti sport contact 3's

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Personally don't recommend Toyo T1R's on these cars. The DC5 likes a stiff sidewall on a tyre and the Toyo's just don't have that. Same with all budgets.

Conti SC5, Goodyear F1AS2, or Bridgestone RE070 (only in 225/45/17).

What size if tyre is it your after

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Personally don't recommend Toyo T1R's on these cars. The DC5 likes a stiff sidewall on a tyre and the Toyo's just don't have that. Same with all budgets.

Conti SC5, Goodyear F1AS2, or Bridgestone RE070 (only in 225/45/17).

What size if tyre is it your after

Agreed. AD08s are fantastic as well.

Erm

Advanced Member
Seriously if you only ever take 1 piece of advice from me about your teggy its this..... Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 in size 215/45 R17 Y (91 XL) (assuming you have OEM alloys)

You must make sure they are the Y 91 rated ones!

These are the absolute best tyres I've ever used on my teggy in 10 years ownership, the car is absolutely planted in the wet with these on, whereas with bad tyres it can be a nerve wrecking drive in the wet. They perform very very well in the dry too.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Agree with the above last post, just put 2 Goodyear Eagle F1 AS2's (91 XL) on the front, got them from Camskill, car already feels better will be getting the rears soon.

xhelen06x

Advanced Member
Thanks all some great help! I've got the standard dc5 alloys and 215s on the front and 217s on the back! Not driving her at the moment as I'm injured but just want to sort it ASAP. Do I need to order the F1 tyres in or will places have them there?

Erm

Advanced Member
xhelen06x said:
Thanks all some great help! I've got the standard dc5 alloys and 215s on the front and 217s on the back! Not driving her at the moment as I'm injured but just want to sort it ASAP. Do I need to order the F1 tyres in or will places have them there?
Most likely order them in. Also if you are only getting 2, I'd defo put them on the front and put the other ones of the same size on the back. Although if your budget allows get 4 and you'll be sorted for 2 years assuming you don't drive like a hoon :xgrin:

Edit: you should be looking to pay about £100 per tyre fitted as a guide. They'll probably start of nearer £120 but should be able to get them down to £100 each corner

Kerv

Advanced Member
Like most, I have got Good Year Eagle F1 Asym.2 all round. Can't really fault them, dry and wet.
Running 225/45/17. The 225 gives that little extra wheel protection, in case parking tight against the kerb. :)
Camskills were the cheapest when I got mine (a year ago).

DC5RS

DC5
I use the Advans sport 215/45/17 for daily drive and i dont have any single complain about them

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
I use the Advans sport 215/45/17 for daily drive and i dont have any single complain about them

Agree I have the AD08 tyres.

also snowdrift just fitted the new AD08r treads and seems happy with them.

dotty

Advanced Member

Agree I have the AD08 tyres.

also snowdrift just fitted the new AD08r treads and seems happy with them.

Where did he get them ? :)

maxvr6

Advanced Member
I know tricker_luke has ordered his from Racepartshop so thats one option, shame i had to replace mine a few months ago i would have liked to have held out for these :(

coconat

Advanced Member
Full set of Eagle F1 asyms, absolutely loving mine, changed the car completely, bought mine from Camskill on offer at £350 for the full set inc. delivery, worth keeping an eyeout as the deal keeps coming round every so often (they go for about £109 single)

I bought them from Camskill then had them fitted and balanced at a local garage I use/trust for £10 each wheel due to my family using them for most tyre stuff, worth using someone you know does a good job

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
DON'T order from racepartshop/dms/ Dixon motor sport. Doesn't answer the phone, or reply to emails, or send the product for that matter!

maxvr6

Advanced Member
tricker_luke said:
DON'T order from racepartshop/dms/ Dixon motor sport. Doesn't answer the phone, or reply to emails, or send the product for that matter!
Lol, I forgot racepartshop was Dixon Motorsport, they supply some serious quality parts but my god I've never heard so many bad things about a company's customer service and expectation management, maybe stay away then :)