OEM wheel colour choice

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I've currently got some OEM wheels sprayed in gloss white which I love but they're a real ballache to keep clean.

Eventually I'd like them resprayed in a darker colour but unsure what colour to go for. I've seen some work emotion's sprayed in a metallic bronze but I can't see that colour working as well on the OEM wheels.

Other colours I've thought of are anthracite, porsche meteor grey and flat black or a charcoal black. Can anyone recommend any other nice dark colours suited to the OEM wheel?

Thanks.

p1tse

Advanced Member
To be honest I wasn't a fan to darker wheels on cars as feel they look lost a bit; but love the combo mark_teg did on mine

Black with a silver coating is what I have.

Although I do like the oem white.
Stick some gtechnic wheel sealant on and just hose them down with water to clean apparently? £20-30 in sealant versus £200+ on a respray!

White also looks good on the blue, although bronze does too, bit like the classic scooby colour combo.

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
Like you I am torn between something gun metal/dark bronze and just plain black gloss. Blue here too.
Got to decide soon as they are up for paint on the 11th.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Cheers everyone.

So hard to decide, some colours look better on other aftermarket wheels than they do on the factory alloys.

Patch Teg. I do have some Gtechniq on the wheels already. They do clean easily it's just thet get caked in dust easily too which is annoying.

Integraleo - any close ups of your wheels?

Proctor

Advanced Member
My OEM have just been re-sprayed Gunmetal/Anthracite colour.. Can't remember which one exactly, I think they look good on the DC5 atm..

dk123

Advanced Member
I know the pain with the white alloys. After any drive they would be dirty and I had quite a few products on them. I'm now running a kind of matt black and they are so much easier to deal with. On my blue teg I had a dark grey colour and I really liked that too - bit stealthy and great for hiding the dirt 😏

integraleo

Advanced Member
No sorry,I used to have amazing pics of when they were first sprayed but had issue with my phone and lost them. Sparkles lovely in the sun though.

Rom

Advanced Member
I've thought about going bronze. But white it just so nice

Does anyone know what code / colour they are originally? My are due some paint.

integraleo

Advanced Member

Wheels same colour as this,can't see the metallic slight flake in it that sparkles in this shot though

p1tse

Advanced Member
CrazyLegs have you a recent picture of the car and wheels

I saw a blue one with white wheels on Facebook and looked brill

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:

He has it up for sale in the for sale section ;)

T.G.

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Just had my Rota Torques which were bronze painted in a custom gold... I know that you may think that they are a bit "Scoobyish" but I like them

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:

Might not have been mine, could have been someone else's

Scott off here also has gloss white OEM alloys

Patch_teg said:
Facelift blue looks ace

@ TG good shout
FL blue is lovely. The gold wheels do look a tad Subaruesque but they're still very nice.

A guy in my work thought I drove a Subaru. :/

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
integraleo said:

That's the carbon bronze wheels fitted to woppys car before I bought them
Actually quite like that colour. It's a similar colour to the one the lad who painted my wheels told me to go for.

Still prefer bronze as a colour overall but I think Grey/black suits the OEM wheels.