Off to jdm heaven

Project

Advanced Member
Today is a sad day, and I think 08' is a bad year for DC5's. Mine now goes on the list of write offs :xcry:
The story is, I was driving on a dual carridgeway last night at about 5:30pm doing 70mph when a woman waiting at a junction decided to pull out, now normally you think to yourself when someone pulls out that they stay in the slow lane until youve passed them, but this woman decided to cut straight over the slow lane and on to the fast lane, everything happened so quick, slammed on the brakes but there was no way I would stop in time, smashed right into the back of her, throwing her car onto the other side of the road and mine on to the left side curb on a bridge. One thing I can say is that this car is solid, as everyone who has crashed has just walked away with no serious injuries, at the speed that I hit her I thought I was going to be in serious trouble, but I was fine in the sense of nothing was broken, knee is bugging at the moment from the brake pedal, and arm from the steering wheel, and chest from the seat belt, sore back as well, but I call that minor for the type of crash it was.
Now for what you guys are waiting to see, the pics.

This is the car that I hit

This is the best car that I have even owned/driven in my eyes, so all I want is to jump back into one again

spo_gen

Advanced Member
That is so unlucky pal. Wishing you a speedy recovery from the niggles and a new car.

Suped

Advanced Member
Oh No... sorry to hear that mate.

Hope your okeys!!! This car is a testiment to the solid build quality from the japanese. :lol:

raz786

Advanced Member
:( sad to hear this mate, main thing is your ok, i hope you have a witness or something or has the woman accepted liability?

morgan

Advanced Member
raz786 said:
:( sad to hear this mate, main thing is your ok, i hope you have a witness or something or has the woman accepted liability?
Doubt it. She could have fallen from the sky, but if you drive up the back of her it'll generally go to your fault. Maybe knock-for-knock if you are really lucky.

Dont get me wrong - 100% NOT your fault. It scares me how some of these people have a license...

johnk

Advanced Member
Looks nasty mate.

Think of it like this - metalwork can be replaced, people cant!

Hope your feeling better soon!

:roll:

Project

Advanced Member
thanks guys for the comments, there were multiple witnesses, police were called and ambulance, police said witnesses said i was doing 70mph and braked to about 50mph when i hit her, so far i cant see how she can say it wasnt her fault with so many people who saw what happened, but im sure she'll try.

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Blimey, you did well not to lose it with her. I suppose the shock stopped any thoughts along those lines, but I bet you could swing for her now!

Glad it ended without a hospital visit mate, fingers crossed it'll be a rapid return to VTEC for you! :)

bazza

Advanced Member
Noooooooooooo! My old car!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad you are ok matey! Looks like it held up ok.. :cry: :cry:

Metalhead

:shock: Hope you're OK (or at least feeling 100% soon!) and the insurance sorts itself out - sounds like you had a very lucky escape given the speed you were travelling when you hit the 4x4!!!

Project

Advanced Member
Just found out from the police that she was arrested for dangerous driving. so at least she cant try and get out of it now, and there were enough witnesses to see what happened. will be talking to andy at 200bhp soon for my replacement.
Thanks again guys

tron2k3

Advanced Member
Project said:
Just found out from the police that she was arrested for dangerous driving. so at least she cant try and get out of it now, and there were enough witnesses to see what happened. will be talking to andy at 200bhp soon for my replacement.
Thanks again guys
Result :) Time to look forward to the new teg