Off to jdm heaven

Project

Advanced Member
Thanks mate, been driving around in a brand new Passat since, was weird at first but it's slowly growing on me :oops:
Still waiting to hear back from the insurers on an offer, then I’ll be on the hunt for another one

tedg

Advanced Member
offfft project....... and it was you (i think) only two weeks ago mentioning abou the number of crashes we have had over the last year.

Sorry to hear this and glad you are ok - the car was an excellent machine and sounded fantastic on the track. As we all know is *could* have been that you were doing more then 70.

Was this on the A34 or A14 or similar where people need to join the dual carrageway to cross?

who would of thought the airbag didnt popped out
A number of us now on the forum have shunted people on the rear (?) at various speeds and i cannot recall the airbag being deployed on a DC5 yet. Is this because of the speed converter? I feel i would like to know the conditions where the ECU enables deployment of the airbag and also how to check the existing unit is not disabled.

Project

Advanced Member
no mate this was in milton keynes on the H8 standing way, theres no slip road it was at like a one way junction hard to explain, basically like a t-junction but you can only turn left, so she had to come to a complete stop and look for a space to join the dual carridgeway, so as she joined she was doing between 5-10mph.
I know I wasnt doing more than 70, on my way home from work so just cruising, plus if I was doing more than 70 the car would look a lot worse than that.

Project

Advanced Member
nah I see every 4-5 door car as a family car, Im still young so dont want to give off that look 8)

tedg

Advanced Member
Project said:
no mate this was in milton keynes on the H8 standing way, theres no slip road it was at like a one way junction hard to explain, basically like a t-junction but you can only turn left, so she had to come to a complete stop and look for a space to join the dual carridgeway, so as she joined she was doing between 5-10mph.
I know I wasnt doing more than 70, on my way home from work so just cruising, plus if I was doing more than 70 the car would look a lot worse than that.
well good to hear you are ok - these tegs do seem strong beasts

acepty

Advanced Member
dam!!
that´s so sad...
I manage to avoid a CRV that did this very same thing she change to my line at the very last moment, I was going around 120 kph on a motorway she was around 60 kph, even that I flashed the high beams and honked at her.. :x
luckily I could steer pass her on the shoulder of the road just a few inches if any from her side and the wall on the other side...

I wonder if I was driving a 10 wheeler she would had changed to my line?
:lol: